One of ours can use some positive thoughts

lumberjacksgurl

It has now been 100 days!!!!!!

Dee is doing very well!!!

She is off of both the ventilator and trach. Dialysis has been discontinued. Her feeding tube has been removed.

She is getting LOTS of physical therapy and will move to a new rehab hospital soon.

:banana: :banana: :thumb: :banana: :banana:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, how marvellous! Deana has progressed so well!! I'm very, very happy to hear how wonderfully she is coming along ... and I'm starting to hope that she will be able to post in this topic herself before too long. (I'll try to be patient, though.) Hugs to Deana, hugs to her family, and hugs to you, Michelle, for keeping us well informed. Thank you for the great news!!

:group:

Thank you very much, Michelle. Without your posts, we wouldn't have had a clue what was happening to Deana.

I hope you will find time to continue posting in other topics - it's good to have you back with us!

Deanna is posting on Facebook so she is has internet access and she is doing well with rehab. I think all of our collective thoughts and prayers helped bring her back from the brink.

You've been gone a while! Welcome home, I missed you!

Thanks Holly. I've gotten horriby busy working. That, and dealing with Mother Nature's way of fixing the economy....

Yeah, well we've had drought conditions for over a year, now. What fronts we get are mostly lightning, what with the drought it's great for wildfires in the Appalachicola National Forest.

Yeah, well we've had drought conditions for over a year, now. What fronts we get are mostly lightning, what with the drought it's great for wildfires in the Appalachicola National Forest.

Yep, and Mother Nature is sending in tornadoes to damage houses (like mine) so it will help the construction industry, and dropping trees on vehicles and totalling them (like mine) to help the automotive industry.

I'm so sorry to hear about your house and car, Linda. But I'm very glad to know that you are okay. I hope insurance will cover all the damages, and that you will soon be back in your home again.

For some reason I had a moment of senile dementia & thought the other house was in Greensboro instead of Charlotte. I hope the insurance folks have given you a housing allowance so you have some place to stay where you can check on the workmen.

I'm so sorry to hear about your house and car, Linda. But I'm very glad to know that you are okay. I hope insurance will cover all the damages, and that you will soon be back in your home again.

Thanks Rosalind!

I know the insurance will fix it. Problem is, the things that were damaged, like the hardwood floors that have to be replaced, the mantel that has to come out and be rebuilt, the deck that was demolished, those were things that Jimmy built for me that I thought I would have for a lifetime. I know it will all be fixed, but it won't be that ever again. That's been really hard....