One of ours can use some positive thoughts

lumberjacksgurl

For some reason I had a moment of senile dementia & thought the other house was in Greensboro instead of Charlotte. I hope the insurance folks have given you a housing allowance so you have some place to stay where you can check on the workmen.

No worries Holly. I knew what you were talking about. I bought another house BTW. It's in Newton, and that's where Stefanie lives. She's finishing up her degree (she has her certificate in early childhood development but was only 9 classes away from her two year degree and wanted to keep going to get that) and once she's done, she'll buy the house from me. It's very very tiny tho, only 740 square feet, has 3 bedrooms tho. We stayed there when the first tree fell, and she wouldn't have minded us staying there again. However, there's a HUGE difference between 3 days and 3 months, and her house is just too small for all of us to stay there for an extended period of time.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I know the insurance will fix it. Problem is, the things that were damaged, like the hardwood floors that have to be replaced, the mantel that has to come out and be rebuilt, the deck that was demolished, those were things that Jimmy built for me that I thought I would have for a lifetime. I know it will all be fixed, but it won't be that ever again. That's been really hard....

Gosh, Linda ... I was thinking about losing mementos, personal belongings, and so on ... but I wasn't thinking that you'd lost all the things that Jimmy had built - I just can't imagine how devastating that must be for you. :hug: Wish there was something I could do to help.

Gosh, Linda ... I was thinking about losing mementos, personal belongings, and so on ... but I wasn't thinking that you'd lost all the things that Jimmy had built - I just can't imagine how devastating that must be for you. :hug: Wish there was something I could do to help.

Thank you. I've made the contractor aware of my emotional attachment to these things, and he seems to understand. I still have the mantel, so I guess that's a good thing...