"Share This Topic" Feature

Merry

I am glad you are staying, Selkie.

I have a Facebook page, and never once thought of sharing anything from here on Facebook and never plan to. Over the years of having received emails I'll bet people wish they never sent, seen what people forward that was never meant to be forwarded, and seen what can happen to teachers when they have private blogs, even googling myself, I know that it is wise to be selective about what we post.... anywhere.

I love this site for sharing ideas, asking questions, and learning techniques and have learned so much here as I build my first dollhouse.

It is very difficult to leave a forum, and yesterday was an emotional day for me. This forum was a part of my life for three years.

I had not remembered to change my settings so that I would not be receiving any more email notifications. So, I have corrected that.

In reading the replies I've always wanted to clarify what I'm trying to say, because it has always bothered me when people do not "get" what I'm saying.

So, for me, I am saying this one more time:

Forget the security of facebook; I want no part of facebook. When someone cuts and pastes or has a button to click and adds this forum link to facebook - I'm on facebook even though I HATE facebook and DO NOT WANT TO BE ON FACEBOOK. I'm given no choice in the matter.

It's not just about dollhouses. It's the PRINCIPLE of the whole thing. I should not have to be on facebook if I don't want to be!

I, too, had no idea that people were copying and pasting this forum's link to facebook. I always figured it was an unethical thing to do, and I never thought past that.

As for me leaving the forum - I've finished my dollhouse, but dollhouses are not my life. I am talented in many ways, not just in building a dollhouse.

I plan on pursuing other interests. So, I'm just moving on.

I am disappointed in my friends who do not respect my feelings about this. I'm sorry that you cannot understand, but I would appreciate your acceptance of what I believe, and leave it at that.

Understood.

You will be missed. I hope you have some wonderful artistic endeavors in your future. It was great knowing you. (((Hugs)))

I promise that as paranoid as I am I'd have been gone long since if I'd worried about our posts being shared. That said, we have had issues in the past with people using content from this Forum in violation of the copyrights.

Holly, because it is just a link back to original posts here (which means a person is only directed to the forum which is exactly what Google or other search engines do), it is not in violation of copyrights (unlike the issues of people stealing images here which is what I think you are referring to ;) )

As to leaving, no, you won't lose me as a member. I'm just going to be way more selective of what I post and where and when. The assistance, friendship, knowledge, and tools I've received here are too valuable to think of losing out on. I lurk a lot anyway so I'll just do a little more of that and be a lot more careful of the content of what I post.

Glad you are not leaving Selkie!

Understood.

You will be missed. I hope you have some wonderful artistic endeavors in your future. It was great knowing you. (((Hugs)))

Like Heidi, we respect your opinion and views Mary and you will be missed ((Hugs)) to you! and I will close this topic now out of respect for your feeling Mary Dear!