Westville

KathieB

Ooooh, the Westville is on my wishlist! I want to do a mid-century house with a little boy's cowboy themed bedroom, and the Westville is just perfect for my dream! I would also want to use TigerLily and Rose wallpaper in the living room because the bold pastels are just perfect for the era! The attic is great--I need a junk room to store all the minis I have bought and haven't used elsewhere.

Be sure to post photos of your Westville when get it!

Jeri

• 4 weeks later...

In another thread, I posted that I was thinking about adding a basement, as I don't think the attic is high enough to accommodate the workshop I'd like to see in this house and by doing so wouldn't have to mess with the roof line.

Well Kathie you could do both, y'know -- add a knee wall to the attic and just raise the roof maintaining the original line and have the basement -- loads of room that way.

(I'm very good at thinking up ways for others to use their time :) )

I'd thought about that! The problem is, the slant of the roof extends down into the second floor room. And the distance between the attic floor and peak of the roof isn't very big.

If someone has a Westville handy, could you measure the distance from floor to peak and the depth of the floor to give me some idea of the space? Thanks!

Tracy, the Westville turned out amazing! I just love it!! It's beautiful. The fireplace is really something . . . you outdid yourself on that one!

My wheels are really spinning . . . I have to have a Westville . . . okay, maybe after I finish the Willowcrest! I think it might be a perfect fit for 'The Ghost and Mrs. Muir' . . . hmmmmm . . . .

Judithfa added extras to her Westville blog though now that I think about it

I checked out the blog. She extended the 2nd floor bedroom out over the porch, but the attic was lost in the process. I don't want to lose the attic. I'm going to be reworking the 2nd floor to get a bathroom in. Am thinking the attic will remain an attic and a basement will be just the ticket. :)

Teresa, my Westville will be somewhere in the Midwest, but I can also see it on a windswept bluff overlooking the sea for the Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Or even in the little village that Jessica Fletcher calls home. :)

I added a room on my Coventry kit that is blogged :) The westville I wanted to change some thing but my customer did not want me to :)

Judithfa added extras to her Westville blog though now that I think about it

Whew -- Thanks -- When I couldn't find it I thought I'd really gone over the edge :wave: And that house is adorable, by the way. Another great house! Can't imagine why she wouldn't like it.

I LOVE that movie!! 'The Ghost and Mrs. Muir' would be a WONDERFUL theme.

Whew -- Thanks -- When I couldn't find it I thought I'd really gone over the edge cool.gif

Charlene, that's what minis do for me. They send me on the edge and on that edge lives fantasy & reality (If you fall over, reality sets in :) )

Charlene, that's what minis do for me. They send me on the edge and on that edge lives fantasy & reality (If you fall over, reality sets in :) )

Heaven forbid that I should have to deal with reality -- you're right, that would be over the edge!!!!

Only 12 days???? YOu gotta' be kidding, but I am just happy you did as it is a BEAUTY! Tell hubby that pizza is a good comfort food LOL and let the rest of us :) over it. Simply just love :) this!!! :wave: !

Hugs

My house was a mess Anna :) everyone was getting splinters cause I did not sweep up my work area cause I was losing things and was scared if I swept I would not find it. Yeap, try feeding people while telling them they can NOT enter the kitchen :wave: .

I can't wait to have my own work room :)

I LOVE that movie!! 'The Ghost and Mrs. Muir' would be a WONDERFUL theme

Yeah, I've been mulling that idea over in my head for months now . . . well, it will have to mull some more because I have a list this long :drool: to take care of! :D

Tracy, I'm so excited for you to have your own workroom . . . the only downside . . . the family still won't get dinner because you'll be busy in your workroom . . . well, at least they can cook without fear of splinters! :D

OH Tracy, it is simply stunning! You did a great job. I can't imagine getting it done that quickly. But I bet you can build dollhouses with your eyes closed. This is a gorgeous house and the recipient is going to love it.

I have a Westville in the box. Oh...someday!! I will be calling on you!!

~Bobbi

Thanks Bobbi & Teresa!

:thumb:

Bobbi you can call me. And I have seen your beautiful houses too and KNOW you do a great job. I work better under pressure in all aspects of my life. This is something hubby & I had been talking about. When the Heat is on, that is when I am on too. ;)

oh Tracy, I Have not yet built a house. ONly partially built the Shadybrook cabin. Now am doing the RGT store. I did a scene in a gift bag, and a vignette for my Mom....that's about it!!

So when the time comes I WILL be callin' ya!

~Bobbi