MY 40% KIT IS HERE!!!

minifan

:banana: RGT WOODSTOCK!!!:banana:

post-4934-0-32838300-1302833414_thumb.jp

It came today via UPS, and the guy showed up just as I was leaving for school...the box was TOTALLY UNMARKED...and I soo couldn't lift it into the house, let alone open it to see what it was...so I had UPS leave it in my garage and I shut the door and left...BUMMED OUT... :(

(Turns out my husband and his p/a called RGT and they took the picture of the house off the box, (and then went above and beyond and taped all over the RGT branding name at the bottom of the box!!!):wub:

SOOO...all through my class tonight I was kicking myself that I didn't try to drag it in...

I came home to the kit on the table with a big bow and my proud husband standing there with the scissors!!! :) (He bought a HUGE bow on his way home from work, made it home before I did and got the kit in the house)... :wub:

I tore open the box to find the instructions...& it's the RGT Woodstock...(a REAL SURPRISE...he's kind of a cheapster, so I anticipated a kit under $150, so for him to spend that much was surprising...he said he chose it, because it's got the porch, the addition, the doors, the windows, and I shouldn't need to buy anything else for it!!!)

I LOVE IT!!!...It has the porch kit and the mansard addition...

NOW...I'M SUPER GOING TO MISS MERRY...(Merry, if you are reading this COME BACK...I need your help!!!;) )...(my dh LOVED your/her Woodstock, so I'm sure the house stuck on him when he saw it...)

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH ME!!!

Welcome to Millionaire's Row. :lol: That house is probably about the size of my Newport. Good luck! :D You're sure to have fun!

Thank you so much!!! :)

I am soo out of my element working with 1:12 scale...(I've been on Fairfield and Bungalow scale for what seems like FOREVER)...:blink:

I held a wall in my hand and was like...WOW...those doors are big...(turns out they are windows!!!) :ohyeah:

I didn't really "go through" the kit...Just pulled out a few pieces...it's all Smooth Plywood, with the exception of the main house exterior walls, those are milled MDF...it's sooo pretty...and I LOVE the smell of fresh wood!!! :)

Wow Amanda, congrats on the cool new house.

Must be a man thing about porches...Zeb LOVES them..and was disappointed when Moggie didn't turn out to have a porch. He says he has fond memories of playing on his front porch when he was a kid.. LOL, where I used to live, when I was a child, playing on your porch was an invitation to getting a stray bullet. Wow, were our childhoods different!

Anyway, *congrats* on getting your lovely new house. Didja finish the Bungalow completely yet? I know you still had to put some trim on when I saw the last pics.

Wow, now that's an awesome surprise!!! Way to go for your husband! :thumb: Can't wait to see what you do with it. Something about the big house exteriors that really get my creative juices flowing... Can't imagine how different that's going to be for you from working on the 1/2" scale for the last little bit. lol

Thank you everyone!!! :)

@MerriMagic - YES I did finish the Bungalow...my mom LOVES it!!! :) I just posted the final pictures yesterdayish...She got to see it before the porch was finished and I showed her all the options on the porch...she wanted just the 4bases and that was all...She just LOVES it!!! :)

@Audra - I would LOVE to bash a gazebo on the end of this...that would be soo cool!!! :)

I love the large RGT houses. The stairs that come with the New Concept Collection are the best. I built the Green Acres years ago and had to sell it when I moved. I'd love to build something along that line again if I can ever make room for it. Maybe one without the porch. I think the porches come separately. Can't wait to see the interior of yours.

Wow, what a great hubby! Sometimes we think they aren't "getting it" then they do something like this,and maybe we are getting through to them after all! LOL! And that was really nice of RGT to do all that with the labels,etc.

I LOOOOOve this house! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

I love the porches, too. We always had a big porch when I was a kid, and I would play there for hours with my paper dolls.

So I have been playing all day...I finally configured my house the way that I want it...and I realized a few things...

1-IT IS SOOO AWESOME to see my dreams coming to life...I have been collecting furniture for a "possible"/"one day house"...and to see it all together it looks GREAT!!!

2-The rooms are a bit small, so I have WAY too much furniture

3-I'm already bashing away in my mind how to change a few things!!! :p

I can hardly wait to see your progress. I love how your Bungalow came out, this house will be just as good if not better. You're one lucky lady and your husband must be one amazing guy to do what he did. Congratulations!