So sad

jennywren

May 16 in the morning Spunky passed away. He began to have terrible seizures on Sunday evening so I rushed him to the emergency clinic. They had him on the maximum doses of anti-seizure drugs but nothing worked. The vet sedated him fully at about 4 am for two hours. Once he started to wake he started twitching slightly again and he had aspirated so he was struggling to breathe. The vet put him in the oxygen chamber for a while to calm his breathing so that I could transport him to my own vet comfortably. He did well on the way there but began to gurgle a little in his breathing once we arrived. Sadly there was nothing more the vet could offer so I had to let him go. He was euthanized at 8:40 and he went very peacefully. It was by far, the most devastating thing I've ever had to do. Even though it was the right decision, the loss is unbearable. He wasn't even 3 years old yet.

post-3544-0-00911100-1305659088_thumb.jp

post-3544-0-54730400-1305659108_thumb.jp

post-3544-0-47268500-1305659138_thumb.jp

post-3544-0-59506800-1305659290_thumb.jp

I am so sorry for your loss. It is always hard to loose a beloved pet and even harder when you a forced to make a decision like that. It sounds like you made the right choice and he is no longer suffering as little consolation as that may be. He was a beautiful cat and I am certain he knows how much he was loved.

Jenny, I had to make that terrible decision with my Beautiful Melody and I'm still not over it; I got more attached to that little old girl (she was 15 1/2) than I'd realized. They do leave a big hole when they go, but it was the right thing to do. :hug: You'll meet again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Big hugs for you, though I know it helps only a little. I truly share your pain. It is so hard when our furry friends leave us too soon. And, it's always too soon, isn't it?

So very sorry for your loss. It hurts so bad to let go of our little fur babies. My sweet Crystal (Bichon Frise) is 16 and very blind. I know she won't be around for too much longer and it breaks my heart. I lost her little sister 3 years ago, and her older sister 2 years ago, and it still hurts not having them in my life. My heart goes out to you.

My dear Jennifer -

I've had to make that awful decision three times now, and it truly doesn't get any easier. But it was the right decision for you to make, the compassionate and loving decision, and on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge your baby will be waiting for you, to cuddle and purr for you, and to thank you for loving him enough to let him go when he so badly need to leave.

My prayers for you during this time of loss.