Where is everyoe?

amyole

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here. I noticed it's kinda quiet around here too. I haven't posted in quite awhile but I pop in when I can to get my mini fix! I've been busy working on my honeymoon cottage project. Just uploaded photos to the gallery if anyone's interested in taking a peek. I didn't finish it in time to enter the contest - by the time I figured out what to do with the kit I knew there was no way I'd finish in time. But I'm kinda pleased with the way it turned out.

Sadly, i never quite got the hang of the old forum format and am just too tired right now to learn a new one.

A tree fell into our house in March and blessings of blessings no one was hurt, not even a miniature lol, but my work room has become our temporary clothes closet, broom closet and whatever else needs stored place.

Then there are the adjusters and contractors and craftsmen and inspectors etc, in and out, decisions to be made, Yawn, i've tired myself out!!

I hope i will be back more later on.

Dot

I'm not on as much because I haven't figured out a lot of the new things yet. Posting pics is still not easy because I have to change browsers each time. Still can't put one in a post. I check the gallery every day and see what everyone is working on and read the new posts. We all like to see pics so I don't post much about what I'm doing until it gets easier to upload. :wave:

I noticed it's been quiet too. I'm still here though, check in practically everyday to see what everyone is up to and looking for new eyecandy. Love to see everyone's progress but it sure has been slow lately. :unsure: Hopefully when the new "old" format returns things will pick up again. Strange how something seemingly so little as a forum background can have such a strong effect on everyone. LOL I'm not a fan of the stark white but I'm too hooked on minis to let that stop me from checking in all the time. If it gets to be too bright on the eyse I've always got a pair of shades to help. B)

In the bottom lefthand corner where the box reads "IP Board" Logan has given us two pretty new skins to play with. While I have almost as much trouble with the light letters on a dark background as I did with the original upgrade skin using the "Etched" skin,, the "GDH - Stone" skin is lovely.

I'm back, again, I think. :blink: Bit fuzzy but getting back into the groove. I made Dinko Tilov's strange little bird in OT class and I must've done something right since they let me use a sharp pointy clay tool. :banana:

I'm back, again, I think. :blink: Bit fuzzy but getting back into the groove. I made Dinko Tilov's strange little bird in OT class and I must've done something right since they let me use a sharp pointy clay tool. :banana:

Freya, you made me look! The bird is too cute! Didja post pictures, by any chance?

There are three reasons I haven't been around as much, well four - I haven't wanted to complain because you can't stop progress, but there doesn't seem to be a "new post" button to click, or am I missing it? You know the old button that brought up all the new posts from all of the subforums. Also there is no preview of threads anymore. I used to mouse over threads to read the first sentence or so, so I would know if it was a subject I was interested in or could be helpful in. And in the gallery, the "add comment" button requires a scroll down now because it is always at the bottom of previous comments instead of under the picture. These seem so minor, but they make a difference because those were the primary ways I navigated the site. The fourth reason is spring! We've been trying to get our yard under control and it is a massive job, not a lot of mini fun for me lately!

Hi,

mf_missing.gif I haven't been around much - no good reason.

Life just gets distracting sometimes and I have working on other non-mini things. ermm.gif

Maybe when school is out in a few weeks I will get back into the mini swing.

I still check in here and there to see how you all are doing :hiya:

Just not feeling very chatty I guess.

:)

I haven't been on lately because I'm still waiting for them to finish the upgrade. And I notice that every time I do pop in I am the only one online :unsure: Used to see at least 3 or 4 other names online with me, sometimes a whole bunch. And I still can't upload pictures or even see my own gallery. Maybe all my pictures are lost. I have the pix, but hate to lose the comments. In the meantime I get my minifix on about 3 other forums on Facebook. More and more miniature venues are on there and are very active. I don't quite understand how this can take so long to work the bugs out. Oh, well -- see y'all later :wave:

...there doesn't seem to be a "new post" button to click, or am I missing it? You know the old button that brought up all the new posts from all of the subforums. Also there is no preview of threads anymore. I used to mouse over threads to read the first sentence or so, so I would know if it was a subject I was interested in or could be helpful in. And in the gallery, the "add comment" button requires a scroll down now because it is always at the bottom of previous comments instead of under the picture. These seem so minor, but they make a difference because those were the primary ways I navigated the site. The fourth reason is spring! We've been trying to get our yard under control and it is a massive job, not a lot of mini fun for me lately!
Janice, under the "Search" box in the upper righthand area there's a clickable "View new content" that should take you to the new posts. I must confess that ever since the upgrade that provided those preview popups I used to wish there were some way to turn them off! They really, really bothered me, so I don't miss them. There have been an awful lot of new things to get used to with every Forum upgrade, and while this one involves massive changes, it's nothing like what the Forum underwent going from its original form to the last one. And I expect it to "grow" on me like the others did, since my reason to be here is to answer questions and exchange info and ideas.

...i've been checking in from time to time...a bit more each day...

i think the RI weather has been gettin' me down...

we've gotten warmer weather but its been cloudy & rainy - i need some sunshine...

maybe i'll write a blues song...

i shingled half the roof on the prototype, then i lost my motivation...

that was - how long ago?

...when will the fog ever lift?

insane.gif

...i think i'll take this for a test drive...

font: The new greenleaf

size: The new greenleaf

color: The new greenleaf

bold: The new greenleaf

italic: The new greenleaf

underline: The new greenleaf

strikethrough: The new greenleaf

subscript: The new greenleaf

superscript: The new greenleaf

• LIST
  • The new greenleaf
  1. NUMBERED LIST
  2. The new greenleaf

drive1.gif

wish the emoticons were on a grid

Link: $860k (real) house in our neighborhood we looked at but can't even afford the taxes!

Insert image: built-in china cabinet / window between dining room & sun room of house we looked at...

i want to build this in mini...

gallery_4762_4046_17610.jpg

insert snippet: ???

insert media:

twitter: i don't twitter

Janice, under the "Search" box in the upper righthand area there's a clickable "View new content" that should take you to the new posts. I must confess that ever since the upgrade that provided those preview popups I used to wish there were some way to turn them off! They really, really bothered me, so I don't miss them. There have been an awful lot of new things to get used to with every Forum upgrade, and while this one involves massive changes, it's nothing like what the Forum underwent going from its original form to the last one. And I expect it to "grow" on me like the others did, since my reason to be here is to answer questions and exchange info and ideas.

THank you!! Now it will be so easy to check in:)

Have been busy workwise, but checking in quite regularly. This new forum took some getting used to, but think I got it under control now and starting to find it easy and more comfortable to work with once I took the trouble to invest some time...

Also been working on the beacon hill and converting the tiffani into a seaside fisherman's house.

rgds

louise

Freya, you made me look! The bird is too cute! Didja post pictures, by any chance?

Sorry, Holly. No cameras allowed and since he was made of very soft squishy clay, there wasn't any way to get him home unschmooshed. He had some admirer's tho, despite his wings looking more like flippers. :giggle:

Haha, Mike! DH & I went up to Bainbridge to ride in their park along the Flint River; they have a paved bike trail about 2 miles+ that loops around, uphill & down, plus roads to the other side of the bridges and the animal park/ old locomotive, and afterwards we went for lunch & shopping out US 84/ Shotwell Street, which is one of MY major dollhouse inspiration streets!

I'm here and have been quiet because of some health issues. I'm not ready to talk about them yet. Trying to get better answers first I guess.... I have been checking in and working on emails from those sending me a message and needing help but I've only been behind the scenes lately.

I'm here, simple matters of new job -- possible new beau -- was kind of out of the mini-ing mood for a bit there. As it stands now though, I think I aught to have two more houses done with-in a weeks time, at least build wise. Hopefully will get pictures up soon! ;)