Where is everyoe?

amyole

I haven't been on much because I haven't felt up to doing much at all. Mom fell and broke her hip in February, then I had to have my cat euthanized on April 7th. She was my best friend for almost 18 years and I am still heartbroken over losing her. My employer and good friend goes in for spinal/neck surgery soon, and to top it off, my sister had brain surgery today to remove a large cancerous lesion that had formed on her cerebellum.

Oh yeah... and I've developed an allergy to wheat so I have had to completely retool my dietary habits.

I'd dig a hole and crawl in it, but chances are I'd get bitten by a brown recluse.

I think I need to hide out for a bit, just me and my little cloud of doom. :badmood:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on much because I haven't felt up to doing much at all. Mom fell and broke her hip in February, then I had to have my cat euthanized on April 7th. She was my best friend for almost 18 years and I am still heartbroken over losing her. My employer and good friend goes in for spinal/neck surgery soon, and to top it off, my sister had brain surgery today to remove a large cancerous lesion that had formed on her cerebellum.

Oh yeah... and I've developed an allergy to wheat so I have had to completely retool my dietary habits.

I'd dig a hole and crawl in it, but chances are I'd get bitten by a brown recluse.

I think I need to hide out for a bit, just me and my little cloud of doom. :badmood:

:hug: If you have a hiking club nearby get a list of the trails they like to hike and go outdoors to commune with Nature; it helps to work through all the grief and loss in ways that heal your soul and honor those we've lost. I like to find a place to go be by myself and yell and otherwise work through all the "stuff" in Real Life.

With the new layout - that I do like - I tend to find myself mainly on the main forum page looking at the new pictures and reading the updates in the right hand.

Try one of the new skins.

I check at least once a day thinking it will help me with new stuff..... Also watching storms. went to cellar night before last but only got a little rain. I am Thankful for that. Got stuck down there briefly. haha the handle on door is really tough. Had to break it loose with a flashlight. Needs wd40 AND I need a hammer down there.

I better get off here. A young man is taking my 2 big cages to the car wash in my truck. They really need scrubbed. Birds will go in smaller cage for today.

Everyone have a blessed day.

LindaC

oh and I've done lots of looking and thinking on my extension. My thought to use channel wood to secure to existing house has changed to a coved molding. Have to wait to order until payday.

Ta

Cat, I am so sorry to hear you are going through so much right now. Sending you sweet hugs & flowers your way my friend :group::flowers:

I'm here and have been quiet because of some health issues.

Tracy, sorry to hear about your problems. Hope you get some answers soon. Relax and take good care of yourself. You are a very special person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so glad to have the new skins available. Love the stone option. So much easier to look at and it also changes some of the formats to an easier view for me. Thanks SO much to all who had a hand in it.

One question though, as soon as I chose a new skin, my password log in wouldn't work. It took several tries of going thru the validating process in order to get back on. Another part of this difficulty is wondering how do we access help from a moderator or admin person when we can't log in? The PM portion isn't available when you can't log in. Kind of a catch 22.

I'm hoping to learn more about this new forum so I can feel more comfortable making better use of it. I know change is difficult but it's usually worth it in the long run. Hang in there everyone and keep trying out different areas. If an old lady like me can learn new things, I'm sure anyone can.

Been on hols so haven't been around for a couple of weeks. Before that I found that because there were far fewer posts and pictures I checked in less and less (vicious circle) and when I did more often than not I didn't post anything. We need to ramp up the momentum again so that people who used to post daily come back and get active again.

I have a certified wheat-free and spider-free hidey-hole and the welcome mat's out. So sorry you're going through so much at once. hugs.

I am here. I have been reading mostly. Life stuff has been going on and I just do not have anything upbeat to talk about except for one thing that I will post after this. I read, I browse..I just do not have much to contribute.

I am going to be having gum surgery in more than a week so as you can imagine..my mouth hurts. Fred is still ill. We went to Yale again and they finally think they know what it is (a year later). Vestibular migraines. He just started taking the meds for a week so it has not started working...yet.

So that is why I am kinda quiet on the western front. I do not want to bring my negativity around.

Even though many of you are having difficult times, it has still been nice to hear from you. Thanks for all the responses. Now, I don't feel so alone here. Sending prayers for all my mini friends.

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I didn't mean to bring the thread down, that wasn't my intent at all. It just seems every time I turn around, something else happens. It's like the Perils of Pauline, for Pete's sake. Good news is my sister pulled through her surgery just fine and may be able to go home tomorrow. She's been fighting cancer for ten years now. It's been an emotional roller coaster for all of us.

I'm just an emotional wreck, knitting helps so I've been doing alot of that. My sister taught me to knit and now she says I'm better at it than her. I'm thinking about posting an album of my knitting (full size) and an album of my cat. The only thing that helped me through my grief was finding her kitten pictures. I was able to think about all the years we did share rather than dwell over life without her. She was my rock.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles, Cat.

Don't feel as though you're bringing us down; this is a good, safe place to air your troubles and get a little sympathy.

I'll be thinking of you, and wishing you well.

I'm looking forward to the time when we all feel like posting more.

Janet

Oh Cat. Do not ever worry about bringing the mood down. You are venting and venting is good. I will try to make a better effort of finding my way here on a daily and have something to contribute. Being in a funk stinks. It does not help that we have only been getting one sunny day every two weeks!

Heidi, I wish we could each bottle up about a week's worth of our local weather and swap; we're supposed to get MUCH-NEEDED rain here today and so far, no show, and we're far into the "no-burn warnings. It doesn't help that the Okeefenokee is afire again!

Well I stand corrected about the gallery! Now that Holly has told me about the new content button, I love going to the gallery and getting the new content. You never have to navigate the gallery at all, and it is so easy to hit the like button too. Love it!

Holly, I guess I should feel fortunate about the rain and the cooler temps. I am not sweating..Well I was a couple days ago cause we had a warm up but otherwise..it is back to the weird Spring.

If I could send it your way..I would.

I think its time for me to speak about something that really hurts me. I have been a member here for quite a while now and do you want to know why I have been absent and why I don't participate much anymore? Its because whenever I post a comment I am totally ignored. Back before the forum was redone there were some problems with opinions being expressed about a contest results which I won't go into again but I thought after a few months of not being around I would come back to a nicer friendlier place . I use to love this forum and the people in it but this is probably my last post. I will always come back and look around at what everyone is making in the gallery but as far as feeling a part of this group I have been ignored for the last time.

I thought to go away quietly but I think you should know why I left. To all of you who are still really nice I will miss you. Have a good day.

Roxy, so sorry you feel this way and I hope you change your mind about leaving the group as I think this is still one of the friendliest forums around. I didn't catch all the posts that you refer to as I think some were deleted before I logged in but I remember that was a particularly awkward period with strong opinions being expressed and I believe it sadly resulted in a number of people leaving the group. I still miss many of the old friends but there are lovely new people joining all the time so give it another chance.

Hugs

Jo

What with traveling as much as we do I don't always get to reading all the posts that pile up while we're gone (unless we find a wifi site along the way, and not always then do I get time ti check in), and I try to limit my posts to answering questions. I miss a lot of people who used to post more frequently, too; and I hate to see folks go.

Roxy, I know how you feel. But taking a long break taught me something important regarding internet forums; you stay for your friends, you take a break when you need one, and you don't worry about the others until they are worth worrying about. If you find that a friend was really a false friend, drop them like a hot potato and move on.

I hope you won't leave for good, but if you don't feel good about being here then a break is the best thing in the world. We all need time to breathe and walk in the sunshine.

Hi Roxy, hope you don't leave the forum and I miss reading your posts and good ideas. Just because no one responds to one of our ideas, doesn't mean it's not appreciated. I guess the way I see it is, if I post a question, I don't always take all the suggestions, but do hope I thank those that gave suggestions. I have put in numerous responses to questions, suggestions, ideas, and pictures, to which there is no response. I just think people respond to whatever hits them and no insult intended. I've seen wonderful pictures in the gallery and don't always have time to put in a comment.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way, Roxy; and I would certainly be sorry to see you go.

Maybe the reason that no one has been responding to your posts is that there have been fewer people on the forum lately.

The reason this thread was started was to comment on how quiet the forum has been lately, so maybe the reason no one is responding to your posts is because no one has been here to see them.

I would be surprised (and sorry!) to think that it was anything personal.

I hope that you will stay with us, and we can all weather changes in the forum and this temporary quiet period and come back together.