Thank-You

nuttiwebgal

FAMILY and FRIENDS all accounted for...some without homes... many without jobs.

The last few days have been very traumatic for me having to watch the town I have been a part of since Birth devastated.

and I have had to do it by phone and the computer...Dean set up the computer on the TV for me Sat when we got the first of MANY calls

we watched the weather Chanell live feed of the storm chasers who followed the storm into Joplin. it was horrific for Dean and I to see all the destruction of our

home. St Johns Hospital was my preferred Hospital when I was home.

The Wal-mart and Home Depot were Mine and Deans..."lets take a drive to Joplin for something to do"

My BFF's sister and her 2 daughter was at Wal-mart went the storm hit(they are fine)...Catie lost one of her former classmates(Wal-mart)...

She also is traumatised by having to watch it from afar..she is in Chicago for Job Corps.

My sister said it came within a block of her and when it was over she and her boys helped dig people out and help those who were hurt till authority could arrive to help

she said it looked like a bomb went off and it was surreal to be in an enviornment most only see on TV or the movies....

Most of Deans Family were in Carthage for a Birthday party.

for 3 hours I had no status on my BFF who lives in the path of the storm...it came within houses of her. all the wires on her house are gone. like wise with her neighbors so they are without electricity.

8 of my friends in carthage now have no job to go to.

The Carthage Seniors who graduate tonight have donated all 15000$ they have earned over the years for project graduation to help those in Joplin...and many of them have been working tiressly at the shelters. So very proud of them...3 of them I love very much!

I have been reposting on my face book all the info that others are posting about shelters and blood drives..donations...trying to do something!!

Sat I spent relaying msg to friends and family who had no phone service through AT&T...towers down...

Keep Praying and sending those Positive GreenLeaf vibes the whole 4 state area will be needing it as they are calling for Tornado's again today.

Here in Phoenix we sit and watch the local stations call it a small town...maybe it is... but in the 4 states it is the middle of... it is the life force which brings so many together!!

Thank each of you who have sent me msg and visited with me on FB

although we LOVE AZ...we are thinking seriously on heading home...the rebuild is going to take many hands and we have 4 here willing and able!!

take care you sweet thoughtful loving people!!

nutti :wave:

Nutti, I'm glad to hear you are safe and sound. It's horrible watching the news and seeing all of that destruction. Just seems that one natural disaster after another keeps happening. :(

I do kn ow what you're feeling, and so glad you & Dean are in AZ! When the tornadoes hit Tuskaloosa, AL, DH's SIL was on the road next day to go check on her family & friends. This has been a year of bodacious weather so far!

Glad to hear you are safe and sound.

Sorry you and your friends and family are going through such a difficult time.

Prayers for continued wisdom and strength for you all.

Seems like Mother Nature is in a really bad mood lately.

Wow, your heart is really hurting, I can feel it in your writing. I'm so very sorry.

Do you have any good donation links? Ones that the money goes directly to the people that were affected? I've already donated to the Red Cross fund that's set up for them and the Salvation Army, but would like to do a direct one,you know?

Maybe a link I can post on Facebook? I have a lot of friends who'd like to help, too.

I've never really went through anything like that, except a flood, and I can't imagine how hard it is to rebuild from. Dealing with the flood we had last year was bad, but this is such a huge magnitude, you know?

as I am not there I would not be comfortable to suggest which of the numerous funds set up would fit your needs.

There are several groups on FB set up to give out information

I have been following and reposting to my friends list from the Joplin.Mo Tornado Recovery fb page

my mother took diapers and wipes to the Forrest Park Babtist Church...they have a shelter set up.

my neice is a Vet assistant and has been working non stop with the rescued pets... mom took them bags of cat and dog food

I am headed home in July...its the earlist I can leave. Your prayers are always needed and welcome!

nutti

I'm so sorry!

I have a few friends that live in and near Joplin. I visit every other year to one friends house and love that town.

I've been spending a bit of time on the phone with a friend there as she comes to grips with what has happened. She does a lot with animals as well.

One young friend was in the pizza place across the street from Hobby Lobby on Ridgeline. We are so very grateful that he was okay.

He's a hero in my eyes, he grabbed people from outside, got them all in the bathroom but the air pressure slammed the door shut before he could make it in. The ceiling collapsed on him. Injuries were minor thankfully. I feel he saved those peoples lives and am so very proud of him, even as my heart hurts that they had to go through that.

Sadly, having grown up in Alabama and knowing most of those little towns that got hit there, as well as having gone to school in Tuscaloosa, I know all too well how you feel.

We are thinking of y'all <3