Moving sale at Peg's Dollhouse in Sebastopol, CA

I kept seeing posts on Craigslist about Peg's Dollhouse having a moving sale and today I finally went to check it out. I'd heard about this shop before but had never been. If you've seen the TV show American Pickers, that's exactly what it's like, but with miniatures! The store is in a building beside her house and it's full of all sorts of old miniatures, mostly furniture but some dollhouses and roomboxes too. The selection is very different than what you'll find in most miniature shops, it's more like going to an all-minis estate sale. Most of it's 1" but she had a bit of 3/4" and 1/2" also.

I got some great old furniture kits (House of Miniatures, Realife, and a brand I'd never heard of -- Americana in Miniature -- which is similar in style to the HoM furniture). Also some building supplies -- a bag of wood-like floor tiles (the kind you use to create an inlaid floor design), slate tiles, floorboards. Plus a few pieces of furniture, including a Bespaq cabinet for $5! (The drawer pulls need to be glued back on, I think I can handle it. :lol: ) I've attached pictures of some of the items. Her prices were amazing, I spent about $40 for the lot of it, and it was so much fun looking around the store and chatting with Peg. I could have stayed there all afternoon poking around.

If you're in the area and you haven't been there before you should check it out. She's planning to stay in business but she's moving to another location and is trying to sell off some of her inventory before then so she won't have as much to move. (Hence the good deals!)

Here's the Craigslist listing. You should call first to make sure she'll be open (and also to verify the location, since she's moving).

post-7-0-30447200-1306474116_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-84589500-1306474131_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-61426700-1306474143_thumb.jpg

Wow, you really lucked out. Wish I was in that area..

Only thing I really need is a dining room table and I want to put other furniture in to see what my choice would be.

ta,

LindaC

Are the two lefthand furniture kit boxes in the third picture the Americana in Miniature? Because the box design reminds me of the old Shenandoah kits I liked SO much better than HoM!

Holly, they are. Maybe Shenandoah under a different name? I peeked inside and the wood looks like good quality. Peg said she liked them better than the HoM kits.

I just remember how much nicer the Shenandoah tester bed kits were to put together, AND leveled easily; unlike the HoM version. I wish I lived closer to a brick& morter store...

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I hope to get over to her new location in the next couple of weeks. I had a delightful conversation with Peg today. She was having carpet laid this week so I will wait until she gets settled a bit more before I go over.