Wow! Just 6 years!!

uppitycats

I opened my email this morning and found a message from MiniMan and Greenleaf, congratulating me on being a member here for 6 years! Thanks!

But...just 6 years??? Was it only 6 years ago that I came here? I mean....There's my Garfield, Tennyson, Brimble, Washington, Brookwood; 2 roomboxes (Houseworks), a mini village; two window boxes in the works; a greenhouse, a trellace, some other garden furniture; not to mention hand-made accessories like curtains, bedspreads and coverings, furniture, floor coverings, lamps, paper goods for the stores and cupboards; my husbands little Trapper's Cottage (a Spring Fling from a couple of years ago); a lighthouse kit screaming to be built...

in just 6 years? I bought the Garfield kit in January of 2005, fumbled with it for several months before finding the Greenleaf forums, and really didn't start it until after I came here...so I guess so! I've been feeling a bit discouraged of late...seeing these little houses all around me, thinking about the years and years of time and energy (not to mention $$!) that I've invested in them, thinking, "gee, girl, you gotta get a life!"...but if it's only 6 years, and all that is done...guess that's not so bad! :p

So, thanks again, MiniMan! You've encouraged me to get back at it, dust off those tools, dig out the lighthouse, and crack open the box! :) (And just when my husband thought he could re-claim the spare bedroom.... :rolleyes: )

I can't believe it's been that long either Ann. It's funny how we chart our time via our dollhouses instead of calendars isn't it. I'm glad you're encouraged again because I love seeing your work in progress almost as much as seeing the finished eye candy. But most of all I'm happy that you came to Greenleaf. I arrived not long after you and you were one of the first friends I made here. Has it really only been six years?

Huge hugs,

Deb