the Mini Electrifier/The Beacon Hill

lflint

Has anyone ever heard of a company called the Mini Electrifier? The company is no longer in business but I am hoping that someone if familiar with their products...the web site is still up but does say it's out of business. http://web.mac.com/dvanreenen/Miniature_Lighting_Components/Welcome.html Bought a Beacon Hill for a STEAL (pictures are in my album) and it was hard wired with products from a company called The Mini Electrifier. It came with no lights and I have been trying to come up with a way to light this house without tearing out the wallpaper, etc. I am thinking that MAYBE, I could strip the wire on the lights, stick them in the current holes and fit them with small hollow eyelets, it lookes like they will fit into the slots but I don't want to ruin anything by doing this. I know NOTHING about hard wiring a house, I have always used tape wire. I have attached 2 pictures of the wall and ceiling outlets to this post..

Someone spent hours on this house putting it together and it's in really good condition, I would LOVE to be able to light it up! Please advise :)

post-3220-0-78971000-1307554924_thumb.jp

post-3220-0-43877700-1307554940_thumb.jp

Actually, it did come with 1 light but the light was damaged so I can't use it. I attached a picture of the posts on the light, they are just 2 very small thin wires, nothing stiff like the current miniature light plugs.

post-3220-0-38769900-1307555423_thumb.jp

Before you go any further, do you know that electricity flows in the dollhouse?

DId this housse come with a transformer? Does the transformer tell you the volts and amp rating? Is this a 12volt system? I think all the present lights are for 12 volt systems, and the amp rating on the transformer will tell you how many bulbs (not lights) can be used in the dollhouse.

If you plug the transformer into your real house outlet, is any electricity flowing in the dollhouse? Use the wires from a known working standard dollhouse light and remove the plug. Touch one wire to the dollhouse outlet hole and then quickly touch the other wire to the other outlet hole. Did the light light up?

I hope this helps, and I hope this makes sense.

B)

Not sure if the wiring works...that's why I want to get feedback before I ruin something :thumb: All of the wires are there but no transformer so I don't know if it's 12 volt, maybe I need to do a little more research on the company first to make sure. The light looks like it's 12volt but not sure. Do you think it's safe to attach my 12 volt transformer and do what you advised, what would happen if it's not 12 volt...again, I know nothing about hard wiring.? The wiring has the double prongs attached at the end to attach to a transformer but just don't know what type. The transformer that I have is good up to 64 bulbs and has a breaker on it so it will blow the fuse before blowing out anything in the house. Any other feedback would be good :yes:

Before you go any further, do you know that electricity flows in the dollhouse?

DId this housse come with a transformer? Does the transformer tell you the volts and amp rating? Is this a 12volt system? I think all the present lights are for 12 volt systems, and the amp rating on the transformer will tell you how many bulbs (not lights) can be used in the dollhouse.

If you plug the transformer into your real house outlet, is any electricity flowing in the dollhouse? Use the wires from a known working standard dollhouse light and remove the plug. Touch one wire to the dollhouse outlet hole and then quickly touch the other wire to the other outlet hole. Did the light light up?

I hope this helps, and I hope this makes sense.

B)