Dollhouse Ornament 2011

raspberry

I'm not sure of the others in the series, I didn't even know that this was a series!!! Could you imagine a whole RL christmas tree with dollhouses as ornaments!!! :ohyeah:

P.S., I have no idea why it says I posted this at 5:50am...I don't even know that there is such a time of day!!!:idiot:

They're about 3 or 4 inches high - maybe a little big to be used as a dollhouse in a dollhouse. But they're so cute. I had the first 10 or so and I used to line them up on my windowsill at Christmas. Then I had to sell them and I sure wish I hadn't. They're not so expensive now, but this was when eBay first came out. The first ornament was a pink Victorian house that came out in 1984 and cost me $13 and something. The third in the series, the toy store, I bought for $14.95 and I sold it for almost $200. The secondary market was crazy at that time.

I have the Police Station from a couple years ago, but that's all. I think I'll get the one from this year, that's pretty cute. They are pretty close to 1:144 scale. Sorry you had to get rid of yours, Kelly, they must have been cute all lined up at Christmas time. :yes: I have my Police Station on the windowsill in my craft cottage.

I have this series that started in 1984 with the first one a doll house. I have been collecting them ever since and have them on display in a curio cabinet. I have one of the series which was produced in an additional color which is called colorways which are harder to find. They also make anniversary houses to add to the collection. I add miniature people, trees, railroad lights, cars to make a really nice miniature town. You can always find them on e-bay.

P.S., I have no idea why it says I posted this at 5:50am...I don't even know that there is such a time of day!!!:idiot:

LOVE the ornament. It says 7:50 on my computer when you posted original. Ask tech forum if there is a setting for your time zone.

ta,

LindaC

... It says 7:50 on my computer when you posted original. Ask tech forum if there is a setting for your time zone.

LindaC

Funny - it says the original post was posted at 8:50 on my screen. Isn't that strange?

The "time posted" will be different depending on what time zone you're in. When I'm not logged in it says the first post was at 5:50am; when I am logged in it says 7:50am. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen (while logged in) and look at the bottom right corner, it tells you what time it thinks it is for you right now. If that's wrong, you can go into your profile and change your time zone.

Anyway, back on topic. :) I wonder if this Fisher Price ornament would work for 1:12 scale? The dimensions are 2.25" x 2" x 1.75". I'm not sure how big those play houses are (probably smaller than 2 feet...)

Thanks for that heads up, Emily. Once we finish the move we'll have to get a new isp and set all our clocks back an hour. Because the time line follows the Apalachicola River most of the way South we already spend a lot of our play time in the Cdentral Time Zone and DH keeps two wristwatches he switches as soon as we cross the river.

... I wonder if this Fisher Price ornament would work for 1:12 scale? The dimensions are 2.25" x 2" x 1.75". I'm not sure how big those play houses are (probably smaller than 2 feet...)

I think that's a little big ... but you could make it work. :) It's unusual to have a modern Fisher-Price mini - it's cute.

Anyway, back on topic. :) I wonder if this Fisher Price ornament would work for 1:12 scale? The dimensions are 2.25" x 2" x 1.75". I'm not sure how big those play houses are (probably smaller than 2 feet...)

I love this! I'm pretty sure I had one of those houses growing up, had not really thought about it until I saw that!