Greetings from Norway!

Hi!

For my 6th birthday, while living in Michigan, my parents got me The Pierce. They thought it would be pretty easy to assemble, and started. They finished the foundation and staircase... I've had the rest of the parts in its original box for a few years, and last week I pulled it all out - a frenzy of sneezes later, I lost my motivation....

The Internet is a wonderful thing :-) Found lots of info here already, and will pick anyones brains for tips on the rest of the assembly.. I am looking forward to finishing what got started in 1983..!

Welcome! Similar thing happened to me. I had a Dura-Craft kit in the late 80s that never was built and was later lost to a flood. But, about two years ago I found this wonderful community and have been building houses since. Whatever you need, just ask! I personally don't have experience with the Pierce, but many wonderful artists here certainly do.

Hi!

For my 6th birthday, while living in Michigan, my parents got me The Pierce. They thought it would be pretty easy to assemble, and started. They finished the foundation and staircase... I've had the rest of the parts in its original box for a few years, and last week I pulled it all out - a frenzy of sneezes later, I lost my motivation....

The Internet is a wonderful thing :-) Found lots of info here already, and will pick anyones brains for tips on the rest of the assembly.. I am looking forward to finishing what got started in 1983..!

Hi welcome, I've had a Garfield for years that I never worked on until I found this site. There are sooooo many images to view and get ideas. You will get so motivated going through photos. Amazing talent! Kat

Welcome to the little family, Kristin. I got a Pierce that New Day had begun to take apart with the idea of rehabbing it. The first thing I did was to take DH's heat gun to the hot glue it was originally built with and take it totally apart. I am s l o o o w l y rebuilding it with carpenter's wood glue and making a few changes here & there, I'm haveing to build new staircases and doors for it, as well as an addition. I have set of instructions I have looked at to put the stairs together after I made new ones from the tracings of the punched-out sheets one of our kind members gave me, but the rest of the house is going back together however it tells me it wants to, and in that case the instructions aren't much help. Infinitely more useful to me are the schematics sheets that tell me what the heck is this piece?

Welcome to the little family, Kristin. I got a Pierce that New Day had begun to take apart with the idea of rehabbing it. The first thing I did was to take DH's heat gun to the hot glue it was originally built with and take it totally apart. I am s l o o o w l y rebuilding it with carpenter's wood glue and making a few changes here & there, I'm haveing to build new staircases and doors for it, as well as an addition. I have set of instructions I have looked at to put the stairs together after I made new ones from the tracings of the punched-out sheets one of our kind members gave me, but the rest of the house is going back together however it tells me it wants to, and in that case the instructions aren't much help. Infinitely more useful to me are the schematics sheets that tell me what the heck is this piece?

I'll see what I can do about posting the schematic drawings, if you'd like - think I can photograph each "sheet" :-)

No need, I meant that I have both the instructions and the schematics, but that I find the schematics far more helpful than the instructions at this point (rebuilding). You are very sweer to offer, though.

• 2 weeks later...