I've been away a long time

Wolfie

And all of you do not know me very well. I'm back, but if I disappear again, you will know why. So please hold me in your thoughts as I deal with my guy's health problems. Yesterday was a terrible day for us. My Doug is 80 years old as of Wednesday past. He is not in good health. He has been horribly overweight for many years, but thanks to the Paleo diet we have been on since March has gone from over 320 pounds down to 263. And is still dropping. As have I gone from my weight of almost 200 down 40 pounds as of this date. And still more to peel off. AnywayDoug has many problems with his health, some of which I don't want to tell you, and some of which are loss of muscle due to atrophy of his muscles in his arms, shoulders, legs. This is not due to our diet however. He also now has what they call "paddle hands" as he no longer can bend his fingers to make a fist, cannot open jars or bottles, has a problem with fine moter skills. We are working with a neurophasist to help him recover what he can.

We had a very disappointing day yesterday! I was up at 2AM , and starving to death! For the two days before our appointment with the surgeon at the VA, Doug was on a liquid diet since the 27th. Then on the 2nd day of the liquid diet around 4 he had to start takeing "that stuff" to clean you out. And he was cleaned out. So weleave the house around 3:15 yesterday morning and arrived in the parking lot of the VA hospital 121 miles later. Why so long? At that time of the night the roads are filled with animals, deer, elk, bear, lions, etc., so we drove slow. After we got over the pass almost into Helena, the sky was getting lighter. As we were getting out of the car in the parking lot at the VA, I was just reaching for his cane when the cell phone rang. Guess who! The VA! They said that they had to change his appointment to 12:30 due to the "doctor running late." We werealready there! But we sat in the lobby and watched news, read magazines to pass the time, etc. The smell of them making coffee, etc., was overwhelming, but we were good. Finally around 12:15 we went to the day surgery clinic for him to be prepped. I went to the waiting room after they told me he wouldn't be out until around 3PM. At quarter of 2, the nurse came to get me. She told me that the doctor "didn't show up as his wife was sick at home."That we would have to leave as the other doctor they had on duty was not familiar with Doug's problems and case. So out came the IV's that they had already started, and got him dressed and home we drove. Monday we have 3 more appointment at the VA but this time it is the neuropaphy guy, so it should be too stressful - providing that guy's wife isn't sick or has any other problems.

As for who I am, well I've been around on the forum since 2007 I think, and it's been a trip for me. I've completed the vineyard - there is a gallery about that, and made a castle roombox entirely out of foamcore and egg carton stones and bricks. There is also a gallery about that. Mostly I make 1/12th and 1/24th porcelain dolls. that is my passion and my joy in this life. I make them in all eras and in all styles from ancient folks up to contemporary and beyond. Witches, fairies, etc. I have no special talent in this, I just create what I see in what little mind I have left, and I am compelled to make up these "visions" if you will.

The dolls, the miniatures keep me sane up here on this mountain and out of trouble as well. I have a mission in my life to keep Doug alive as long as possible and also to make as many dolls as possible before real life interferes with my own health - which is pretty good by the way! I don't plan on leaving this planet any time soon!

So if I am not posting for a long time know that it is not because I don't love this forum, it's usually because things have gotten out of control here, and Doug needs me more times than I can be on the forum. There, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Dear Wolfie,

While we often miss you I think us old timers here know about your situation and do not feel that you are ignoring us but in fact taking care of your Doug. Do what you have to do and we will be waiting here when ever you can come back. Know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. God Bless.

Sorry to hear what an awful day you had - so frustrating after getting up at that time and driving so far. Wolfie, don't undersell yourself, your dolls are spectacular and that demands talent in bucketloads - may you continue making these lovlies for many years to come. So take care you two, I hope Doug continues to recover some use in his hands and that his general health improves or even just stabilises. Take care both of you - will be watching out for the next lot of dolls in your gallery.

Oh Wolfie I remember you well, like you I've been gone a long time and probably not remembered as well as you are. You do fabulous work. Take care of Doug and let us know how you are faring from time to time. I try to check in to see how my oldtimers friends are doing but don't post often. You and Doug are in my thoughts,.

Well look who else crawled out of the woodwork! Wolfmeister, you take just as long as you must to keep Doug with you; DH's SIL is facing the same task with his brother, and I'm HER shoulder to cry on. Peggi, I have missed you something FIERCE! :hug: Since we shall probably get new email once we've moved, I'll send you both my coa asa I know ir. Peggi, we have guestroom in the new house, hint, hint.

allthough you weren't around, i remember i have seen your name pop up.... in a good way ofcourse

sorry to read your husband has health problems, i hope he will soon feel better.

also read about the weightloss....congrats with that!

must not be easy but hope the both of you keep it up, every pound lost is a healthier and longer life, they say.

nice of you to come around and give us an update.... hope everything in your personal life goes well, looking forward to bumping into you more often here at the forum :ohyeah:

Thank you all! I feel better this afternoon than I did this morning. Haven't worked on minis now in two days, so I guess I best get back at it! LOL thanks again!

Thank you all so much! I didn't mean to be away for so long, but real life sometimes get in the way. For all of us. I hope to be back to minis very soon again. I really want to get the dollhouses done, they've been sitting in the living room gathering much dust.

Thanks again!

Oh Gina, We have all missed you... I think of you alot... I pick any doll and it makes me think of you.! LOL... I dont know why.. but you do such beautiful dolls.! I have been missing too for a bit... kids, work, house and my mother keep me really busy.!!

kellee

Dear Wolfie....You do what you have to,after all Family First!! But please know that lurking in the back of your mind and heart will be US.....the Greenleaf Family sending you both prayers and comfort!! We'll be here if you need us and when you are ready to come back!! :flowers:

Gina, So many times I have wondered how things are with you, Doug and life on the mountain. I'm glad things have settled down so you can pop in now and then and visit. I so l love your stories about your life on the monatain. Prayers for Doug and for you too.

I knew you were quiet for awhile, Wolfie, but didn't realize your DH was so ill. My prayers are with you both. Just an update on Owen, who came from your mountain home -- he's very happy in his new home and is making friends quickly -- as seen in my avatar. He's also been over to the Bistro to visit with Miss Tillie, the head chef. He sends his greetings :wave:

Don't sell yourself short on your dolls -- you are very talented.

Gina, I'm sorry to hear how tough things are right now. I hope Doug will regain much use of his hands, and that his health in general will reach a manageable "balance". Doctors - wish we could do without them!

Keep your creative juices flowing, Wolfie. We want you to be happy. Miss you! :)