Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Buttercup Cottage

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, since the forum got changed around I can't find where to start a blog or a gallery, but I have my own blog here.

Right now I'm working on filling in gaps and cracks with wood filler. It's harder than I thought. Wood filler is not the consistency I was hoping for. Maybe I could just put plants around the outside of the house? I am thinking of plenty of ways to hide things.

Posted

Have you considered filling your gaps with spackling compound?

Posted

I've never seen or used it, but I was wondering if it might have been the better choice. At this point I'm sick of sanding stuff though.

Posted

Ugh! I started to paint the outside of the house today and it's not looking very good. :unsure: I had to use a small brush to get around all the windows and now the paint looks... patchy. Yikes.

Posted

The paint is looking better now. I've glued on all the trim and I'm working on the door. I can't find any hinges in the right size, which is a bummer.

Posted

If you want the effect of ornamental hinges and a working door you could sandwich strips of chamois, twill tape or some other sturdy material between the halves of the door and the wall & door trim, and use snippets of paper lace or cardstock painted black for the ornamental hinge.