First dollhouse to build in over a decade

ChristieY

LOL well I'm hoping it's the bike senerio for you! And welcome to the forum! After 5 posts you can start an album of your build. We all love pictures here and if you have questions someone should be able to answer it for you.

The Brookwood is a lovely house! I was just playing with mine this morning, putting in some accessories. The *tricky* part is the fireplace, and the pieces that become braces for the floors on the upper levels. Just take your time, be sure to piece it together before gluing! , and you should be fine.

When I'm done cleaning mine, I'll post some more pictures, but in the meantime, there are pics in the gallery of mine and at least a couple others, even nicer! :)

post-35-0-74372500-1312995719_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the little family, Christie. In my experience there's a difference between helping to build and building a kit yourself. I helped the hubster build a dh for the eldest granddaughter when she was six, then by myself I built her a San Franciscan behemoth that I finished and gave to her when she was 12. Since then I've been building mostly for me.

Welcome!! I am sure it will be like riding a bike...I am finding I am much older and wiser (at least in regard to dollhouses) than I was 20 years ago!

Good luck with your Brookwood... I have one stashed under my bed just waiting to become a time capsule to the early 80's!!

Tappy

Wow!! Thanks you guys!! I live in Texas and am so excited about this INDOOR project  I am so happy to meet all of you on here, and am so grateful to the warm responses! Just started labeling and punching out the foundation for the brookwood. I picked out some colors for the outside. I am going for a beachside look!

Hi

I am new to the hobby and have so much to learn. I have redone dollhouses but have never built one from scratch. I am intimidated when I see all of the beautiful houses finished. They are gorgeous. I have picked up a Glencroft at a church sale and have a terrible feeling that I will not be able to save it. The construction on it, so far, is not too good but I do not have any idea how to fix her mistakes. I am going to give it a try, I do not have any instruction sheet to go on.

Good luck to you and wish me luck on this one.

Mary

It's OK to make your own intro, Mary. If you're really lucky the builder used the hot glue recommended in the instructions and the house will easily come apart using a heat gun and you can scrape off the excess and then sand the edges and glue it back together with carpenter's wood glue or tacky glue.

Glencroft ... I do not have any instruction sheet to go on.

Mary, contact the folks at Greenleaf for instruction sheets.

The Greenleaf logo in the upper left corner of the screen used to be a link to the Greenleaf site, but now it just links back to this forum. *sigh*

The contact information is here.