Arthur Dolls house

jacquie

Hi I was wondering if some one could help me with sizes of different furniture to fit in the Arthur house. I am working my way through putting it together but the furniture 1/12 scale all seem to be different in size. I would mainly like to find out size for a bed and a doll.

Thanks

Jacquie

• 4 weeks later...

Younger DIL wanted the Arthur I'd built and we shopped for 1:12 furniture for it. The rooms are on the smallish side, but the kit is scaled for 1:12. I made her 1:12 scale dolls for it.

Thanks for the reply. This is my first dolls house so it was a bit confusing but now i understand. I brought a couple of bits so i could test it.

Here is an example of 1:12 chairs in widely different sizes. I discovered this while working on my Marie Laveau's cottage. The unfinished bench is quite small and was not used. The chair in the back is a lasercut wood kit and is larger than the Chrysnbom plastic kit chair in front of it. I ended up using both chairs, as the larger one is hidden when Marie Laveau sits in it. But this give you an idea of how scale can vary.

post-818-0-10457300-1315824760_thumb.jpg post-818-0-25680800-1315825039_thumb.jpg

You'll find that furniture does vary depending on the manufacturer. I'd recommend sticking to the one manufacturer.

digging in toy boxes at yard sales is my favorite thing to do. I could never afford to buy all I have retail :-) I don't think I would want all new I like such a variety. They can all be worked in somehow.

The tinier pieces I have put aside to sell so I need photo of those. No idea of scale just misc.

• 4 weeks later...