Can I vent for a minute?

raspberry

:angry:

I am NOT "one happy customer"...:angry:

I venture to my 2nd ever trip to a particular craft store today to partake in their 50% off minis sale and it was the worst experience EVER!!! First off...they only have 1 of EVERYTHING mini related...1 mucilage, 1 window, 1 door, 1 flooring, (NOTHING of the "newer" stuff that I've been eyeing online for a few weeks)...:angry:

The lady on the register had to manually punch into her register and check each and every single item that I had (and I quote!) "just to make sure it's really a miniature and gets 50% off, we wouldn't want to give you a discount on something that's not miniature now would we"...and each and every single item, "Oh wow...things have come along...I can't believe how tiny this is!?!"...meanwhile the 47 people in line behind me(because they only had 1 line open at a time) were like..."UM LETS MOVE!" :angry:

Then I also got some other things that were supposed to be 50% off, (fall decor items)...from the "fall decor aisle"..."this isn't fall decor...it's candles"...YEAH, I got it, candles are 40% off...let's pull out your flyer out again so I can show you...:angry:

OH MY...I was at the register longer than I was in the store!!!:angry:

I went out to my car (unloaded bags, buckled up 2yrold - which is not an easy thing to do) and smartly checked my reciept...she MARKED NOTHING 50% (or 40%) OFF...after all that...

So I pick up bags, and 2yrold and go back in...they had to re-ring EVERYTHING...I was ready to just return the items and leave!!!:angry:

P.S. the added bonus was it's lunch time, so the 2yrold (who doesn't understand sale prices and just knows that she's hungry) is having a MELTDOWN during ALL of this!!!:glare:

They need to upload their sales onto computers...(like other big name craft stores!!!) You pick up something to buy bring it to the register, they scan and like magic the sale price is automatically applied...

NOT GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!!! NO MATTER HOW GOOD THEIR MINI SALES ARE!!!:angry:

Vent over... dry.gif

AH! That's horrible! I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. I once had a coupon for 40% off one item at a big chain store and I gave it to the cashier and told her I was going to use it on such and such item. She said oh sure we can do that, then proceeded to apply it to the one item that was under a $1.00. I didn't realize till I got to the car and was super PO'd. Makes it so much of a hassle trying to get them to fix it too.

The new one by me has modern registers, it does make things go faster. I think they still have to manually ring the discounts though, not sure. I'll have to check the next time I go the unnamed chain store in question. I'm not sure ours even has a miniatures section anymore, that's something else I'll have to check out.

Good grief! I used to work for a now-defunct national toy store chain in the 1980s and our sale/ discount prices were always programmed into our registers from the main HQs in Chicago (and I worked in Jacksonville, FL).

I would write a polite note to the store manager, documenting day, time and all the facts related to your check out. Point out how many people were standing in line behind you and how this poor service could effect the reputation of the store. Point out how mini items can be bought from numerous on line shops.Ask for a coupon compensating you for your poor service. You might get rewarded. If you don't ask you don't get. As for your 2 year old daughter..once when my son was about that age he had a upper repsitory infection. The pediatrician phoned the prescription to the pharmacy, asking that service be expediated so that i could just run in and pick it up. Pharmacist assured him it would be. When I got to the pharmacy it had not been filled. I waited one half hour. Still nothing. Son was cranky and tired and sick. I used his coat rolled up fora pillow and my coat as a blanket and made a bed for him on teh floor in the very very small waiting area. Sudenly they had time to fill the prescription. I say use what works to get service.Rita