What NOT to do - lessons learned the hard way

aainaa

If you custom mix your own paint make sure you mix up more than you think you will need!

Blood will not come out of stained unvarnished floors so dont bleed in your dollhouse!

when making templates for wallpaper onto cardstock label top and bottom (yes I have glued wallpaper in upside down) Ditto that for gluing the wallpaper to the wrong side of my cardstock template!

when you cut off a piece of wallpaper from a long sheet mark which side is the top on both pieces (the one you are using and the scrap left over) This will help when you go to glue it to your cardstock if you install wall paper that way.

When getting ready to work with glue keep a warm wet cloth rag handy, it comes in handy for wiping fingers, walls, clothing, table, floors, small children and pets who get in the way of flying glue! Ditto that for paint!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Especially when using a macro setting on the camera - which is what we usually use. It shows up the tiniest flaw and makes a glaring mess! :(

LOL! The macro is kind of necessary for getting good dollhouse pics, but fortunately we don't see in macro..... er... or at least not at my age.

I really appreciated all of the papering tips; it really helped give my dollhouse a very polished look.

• 2 weeks later...