about the flags

grammy97

I enjoy reading the forum (I am new) but I have a seizure disorder and the waving flags are a no-no for me.

I have to move the screen around so they are not visible, which can be a challenge.

Is there a way to just put up a country flag that doesn't move?

There maybe others with this concern also.

thank you

How about trimming a piece of cardstock and hanging it on the left side of your computer screen? I don't think they can stop the waving flags - it's sort of part of the program. When I come across a news article or something that has a very annoying ad (moving) going on to the side, I just partially cover my screen. I really don't like those animated ads and this seems to help.

If the waving can be stopped, I see no reason why it shouldn't be stopped. Waving flags really don't add anything to the value of the content of this forum, and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

If you download a program named Adblock Plus, you can use that to selectively block certain images on a page (even if they're not ads). I just tried it and was able to block the flags. You'll find more info here.

Thank you FOV.......I notice you don't have a flag. Is that because you are a moderator?

If you download a program named Adblock Plus, you can use that to selectively block certain images on a page (even if they're not ads). I just tried it and was able to block the flags. You'll find more info here.

I figured out how to get rid of the flag. In the Personal Profile Settings, there is a drop-down menu near the bottom that asks what country you're in. If you don't select a country, you don't have a flag. :D

• 2 weeks later...