Hello from Central Kentucky

13 posts in this topic

Hi David and welcome to the forum. Tudorman?? Hum, does that mean Tudor homes??? If it does, you have lots of Tudor loving folks on this site!! Kat :wave:

Welcome to the little family, David; I can't wait to see what Tudor items you make (houses? furniture? accessories? people? all of the above?)

Hi David and welcome to Greenleaf.So many new friends here..especially ones who love

"Tudoralia"LOL! :wave:

Thank you all for a wonderful welcome. And a very big YES to Tudor. I love the architectural style. I have been out of the miniature world for decades, only dipping my toes back in every now and then with the purchase of a magizine or book.

But all that has changed in the last couple of weeks. My wife and I are remodeling our basement into an arts and crafts workroom. I finished constructing the main work table last weekend and beginning to build the shelves. As soon as that is done, I get to focus on building what ever miniatures I would like. My wife is pushing me towards fairy cottages and magical buildings.

We shall see. :)

I got hooked on Dolls' House and Miniature Scene magazine when I discovered they published plans for mini houses, mostly Tudor, every few months. When the Fanceys, the original owners & publishers, sold it to Warner Group, the new owner did away with the periodic houseplans and I did away with my subscription. I doubt if any of those early issues are still around for back order.

Hi, David.

Welcome from another Kentuckian. I currently live in Shelbyville (30 minutes from Lousiville) after having spent most of my adult life in Lexington.

Patricia

Another Kentuckian here! Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see some of your work.