Wondering about a mini store....

pjnick54

I have been approached by someone to make a lot of displays for a store, but I have to admit, although it sounds legit, I can't tell for sure. It's not like some we have all received where the conversation is in horrible, broken English - but quite the opposite.

Has anyone here ever heard of a store on Center Street in Nantucket, Massachusetts by the name of New England Dollhouse? I have googled it and searched Nantucket Yellow Pages and came up empty-handed. Supposedly they've been featured in Better Homes and Gardens magazine....

I've been made a good offer, but don't want to get taken either. Any ideas anyone? Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, I am not from that area and have not heard of them...maybe someone from New England might have more information?...

Any chance they could give you a deposit to get started and see how it goes from there?

Your creations are beautiful and I am sure with the exposure in Dollhouse Miniatures magazine you are creating a lot of interest in your work!

Good luck--I hope it works out for you!

Tappy

I'm pretty sure Grazhe's store is web-based, not bricks & mortar. If they don't have a website or a listed phone you may not find them, but considering where you are, Pam, I'd be leery, too. You would certainly want references (like the Chamber of Commerce or Better Business Bureau).

My daughter sent me that link too and yes, that's Grazhina's store, but it is in Maine whereas this one I am referring to is in Massachusetts.

After searching and searching with Google and Yellow Pages, etc., I finally called the Nantucket Chamber of Commerce and they had no info for it. All they show on Center Street is a doll store. I went to their website and it's large dolls - like 24 inch ones and no mention whatsoever of miniatures. Plus the lady said they don't have a website, so that ruled it out for me.

She's been kinda vague so I might just disregard all this, but I kinda feel compelled to warn others on Facebook somehow, but not sure the best way to go about it.....

By the way - sorry I haven't been on here much but life has been crazy since I had the Big Sky Mini Show here in June. Went to a couple other mini shows (Denver and Portland) too.

If you have a bad feeling about it, don't do it, but unless you have proof that a company isn't legit I wouldn't go around warning people that they're not. I also removed the names from your last post.

There are plenty of legitimate miniature shops that don't have websites... in the past few months I have visited two that had no web presence and were more or less run out of people's homes, but they were wonderful shops and I had great experiences with them.

This thread is making the moderator in me a bit uncomfortable and I'm going to close it. Since Greenleaf does business with many stores and they are the hosts of this forum, it's problematic for us to discuss negative experiences -- not to mention non-experiences that may not even turn out to be negative! If anyone has done business with this company they can PM you to talk about it privately.