HOFCO Southern Dynasty (#KW182)

Heather15

Well I recently bought the doll house described in the topic title. I would like to know a little bit about HOFCO and my new house...

First - I read somewhere that Southern Dynasty (#KW182) is a "rare find" is this true?

Second - How much are the Southern Dynastys worth?

Third - What happened to the HOFCO HOUSE, INC.?

Please let me know! Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I don't know if you got a response to your questions. I am a big fan of HOFCO's myself and live in Maryland. Last winter my husband and I traveled up to meet with Ralph Holweck, whose son founded the HOFCO house company. Ralph is retired military (in his 80's) and was the salesperson who traveled throughout the states in the company's active years. The mill/shop that created/assembled the kits was in a building that is on his property/farm land. I believe the company priced its products too low and (cheaper made/cheaper built) houses helped drive it out of business. One son was into miniatures as a child, building bird houses, etc. until he turned it into the family business in the 1980's. He is doing something else now.

I believe that the Southern Dynasty is unusual but pricing is a bit tricky. It depends on the state of the house. Is it a kit still, is the kit complete? Is it finished, etc.

Write me back if you like. Last summer I considered putting up a HOFCO fan website of sorts, since the firm has been out of business for years, the houses are designed with INCREDIBLE eye to quality and longevity, and I liked that they were a local firm.

Regards,

JBTINMD

Well I recently bought the doll house described in the topic title. I would like to know a little bit about HOFCO and my new house...

First - I read somewhere that Southern Dynasty (#KW182) is a "rare find" is this true?

Second - How much are the Southern Dynastys worth?

Third - What happened to the HOFCO HOUSE, INC.?

Please let me know! Thank you!

• 2 years later...

Did you ever start your Hofco site? I'm about a week away from finishing my 'Southern Dynasty' that I fished out of the trash in 2010. Just looking for more info.

Because this post is quite old, you may want to use the personal messaging system here on GL and directly ask the question. I saw you had asked in a more recent post as well. Again, sometimes folks aren't logged in here each day so you might get a quicker response. Just hover over their name and use the Send Message button. They will receive a notification that they have a message waiting for them.

Good luck with your search.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Synthesetic said:

I just wonder if you ever found a price? I have a Southern Dynasty House kit KW182R new I'm the box, never opened.

Kit prices are all over the map. They are worth whatever someone will pay for them. Age doesn't always add to the value.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...