Duracraft Heritage

LadyAbigail

A friend gave my sister this dollhouse and she started working on it. Then she ended up with 3 small children and gave the dollhouse to me. I really wanted to finish it, but I have no where to display it! So I've finally decided to sell it. The only house like it that I found is fully assembled and the price is $325. Mine is partially assembled. I have no idea what it cost new or what to charge for it now. Can anyone give me an idea of what it's worth?

post-12195-0-90257300-1320970189_thumb.j

A friend gave my sister this dollhouse and she started working on it. Then she ended up with 3 small children and gave the dollhouse to me. I really wanted to finish it, but I have no where to display it! So I've finally decided to sell it. The only house like it that I found is fully assembled and the price is $325. Mine is partially assembled. I have no idea what it cost new or what to charge for it now. Can anyone give me an idea of what it's worth?

post-12195-0-90257300-1320970189_thumb.j

Does anyone know what this cost new? Is it retired?

• 1 month later...

Hi: I just bought a Heritage kit on ebay. With shipping it came to about $100. It's a labor-intensive house, so if you can figure the kit price plus a percentage for the time invested in it already and add about 10% for a small profit you might come up with a price. It will have to be local pickup though, because half-built it's probably very fragile. Good Luck!!

I had no idea that the Heritage shell looked so much like the Cambridge! I can't wait to see your when it's built, Pat. Abigail, you might have more success selling it once it's completed, plus you'll have the fun of finishing it. And if selling it isn't crucial, there are lots of charities/ churches you can donate it to gift a needy child, even if it''s after Christmas.

Holly: I BOUGHT the Heritage kit; building it is something else again. I'm trying to get up the courage to tackle the Westville - I think the Heritge is much more involved. But I love the house!!

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have the Heritage House, bought as a kit about 15-17 years ago. All of my window plastic inserts are yellow. I found another Heritage kit and want to replace the yellowed plastic with the new ones from the other kit. What is the best way to pry the window trim apart so that I can replace the plastic? And what is the best way to keep the plastic from yellowing?

• 1 year later...

I also have a Heritage, I found a couple years ago at a local thrift store. It was assembled when I bought it. I paid $13.95 for it!! I felt like I was stealing it!! It is a fantastic house. It also has damage, yellowed windows, broken window sills and other pieces that are in need of TLC.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to take something apart, heat it. Heat softens glue and makes it stretchy so you can slowlly, sllooowwwwllllllllyyyyyyyy pull it apart... like silly putty that stretches to infinity until it just lets go, but if you yank it, it breaks. One of the sash in a microwave for 7 seconds will heat the glue inside the joint. If that's not enough, do it again for 4 more seconds (remember, it's already a little hot on the inside where the glue is). The miocrowave will wreck the styrene, but that's junk anyway. I heat things with the microwave, toaster oven, big oven, heat lamp, hair dryer,,, or my friendly neighborhood dragon. They all work depending on the size of the joint to be taken apart (but dragon treats are sooo expen$ive)... a whole house: two 500watt garage lamps and several yards of aluminum foil, and the walls, roofs, floors, and porch were all on the table with no broken parts. Heat is the best friend of the klutz or renovator (you get to vote on which one I am) :bear:

• 5 months later...