Wire Glue Conductive Glue

KathieB

According to the listing at thinkgeek.com , the glue conducts electricity -- no more solder or lead -- for both AC and DC low voltage circuits (that's us, mini builders!)

You can buy it directly from ThinkGeek or through Amazon.com (it ships from ThinkGeek)

It apparently is a product of Anders Products, which provides hyperbaric oxygen chambers as well as an assortment of electronic-related consumer items. See their list of Wire Glue distributors here.

Has anyone used this product?

According to the listing at thinkgeek.com , the glue conducts electricity -- no more solder or lead -- for both AC and DC low voltage circuits (that's us, mini builders!)

You can buy it directly from ThinkGeek or through Amazon.com (it ships from ThinkGeek)

It apparently is a product of Anders Products, which provides hyperbaric oxygen chambers as well as an assortment of electronic-related consumer items. See their list of Wire Glue distributors here.

Has anyone used this product?

Kathie, thanks for the heads up. I haven't used it, but am definitely interested. I went and looked at the list and American Science and Surplus carries it. I know that they are a reliable source. I hope that someone has tried it and writes a review.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone used this product yet? I just purchased some for my chandelier kits and to aid in wiring them into the Garfield.

I know myself, I will solder and use the glue :D, just for protection of not having any problems!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reasons that I like buying from Amazon (aside from the fact that they deliver!), is the fact that most of their products have reviews. Before using this product, I'd absolutely suggest you read the reviews here... http://www.amazon.com/American-Science-Surplus-WIRE-GLUE/dp/B000Z9H7ZW'

Not so special, it seems. I, for one, wouldn't use something that's gonna get brittle over time.

I have now used it on two of my chandelier kits and really like it! I use a toothpick to apply it. It is fluid, but a small amount works perfect for the small wiring on light fixtures. I left the connections to dry 24 hours as per the instructions. I then covered the connections with a small piece of electrical tape. Mainly because the chandelier kits I am working on are metal, and I did not want them to short out should the connections touch any of the metal.

I guess time will tell, but in a non-moving object as miniature light fixtures, I think this glue will be great.

Matt

Kathie,

That might work. I only needed very small amounts on my chandeliers. Also, I let one connection dry about 30 minutes, then gave another thin coat to make sure the connections were solid. I then let that dry the 24 hours. I was able to bend the joint into the chandelier body without any problems of cracking, etc if it was brittle.

• 11 years later...