Houseworks #7100 Staircase Set

Sivin

I'm very new at this and purchased a Houseworks #7100 Simple Straight Stair Kit to replace the stairs in the house I'm rehabbing. Trouble is, I'm finding the instructions difficult to follow. Has anyone posted pics of this particular staircase under construction, or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

If this is the same staircase I used for my Orchid, I found the instructions confusing and impractical. My suggestion is to disregard them and do whatever makes logical sense to you. :lol:

These aren't step by step instructions, but you can see some pictures of mine under construction here and here. I glued the spindles into the railing (using the stairway as a guide for spacing) and when that was dry, glued the spindles to the stairs. I also added a little piece of wood to the back of the staircase where it meets the ceiling, for added stability.

Then this page has a few pictures that show how I finished the area around the stair hole. I would have preferred the railing coming up against the newel post rather than glued on next to it, but I couldn't figure out how to do that and still have the railing around the hole attach to the newel post.

Thanks, Emily!

I came very close to ordering an assembled staircase today but had my doubts about size, etc., so decided to give the 7100 a chance. Yes, it is the one you installed and I'll take your advice and simply do what seems sensible to me. I also copied a few of your pictures as guidance!