Beacon Hill - french doors first floor...

wytchy

Although building the Beacon Hill and seeing it grow into a beautiful mansion is a delight, at the moment the house has me beaten with the french doors on the first floor landing...

I have been puzzling, looking at Gina's blogs and the pictures there, reading the descriptions on the building instructions, but I just don't get it.. I must be having a mental block or something.. I just don't see how these doors/windows go together, what goes inside, what goes outside.. I took out all the pieces, tried dry fitting, but honestly... no...

If somebody could enlighten me and direct me to some very precise pictures I would really appreciate it...................

Rgds

Louise, are they like the Magnolia's French doors? Check the Building Team blogs to see if anyone posted how they did theirs. I remember when I went back to hinge and hang mine after I sanded & painted the frames and inserted the acetate That the narrower frames went on the inside and the wider ones to the outside.

Thanks Holly, the windows are not quite the same, but the principle of layering them is.. Apart from that there are lots of other useful other tips in that blog.. I will have another look at the windows and see what fits in where and how, keeping ypur tips about fitting in the smaller ones in mind for that is probabluy be the way the go.. Right now it still looks like a jigsaw puzzle ro me........ and i don;t like puzzles.. :whistle:...............