2012 Creating Contest??

Well, I know it's a little early, but just curious as to what the 2012 structure will be and when it will be announced. I didn't enter this year - it was too big and I don't have the space for it, and quite frankly didn't find it that exciting.

What do people want to see? I'd love to see a fantasy structure, preferably in smaller scale (although I know that'll never happen!). I really liked the ski lodge for the 2011 Spring Fling (even though I didn't enter that either).

The pics in the email show a much more exciting kit. The interior was finished nicely and looked like it could be a fun project. Unfortunately, my delete finger was a little too quick on that email so I had to post a link to the kit on their website. The kit is also pictured on the cover of the new catalog (Winter 2012) which has apparently been mailed or will be mailed out any day now.

Valerie

I've still got that email in my inbox... not sure I'm seeing where it says it's for the next contest, though...244.jpg

We're celebrating the debut of our

New MiniTown Loft Shell Kit

with 15% OFF everything on our site!Dear KELLY,

250.jpg

Dear KELLY,

Congratulations! You are among the very first to lay eyes on our amazing new dollhouse kit, the MiniTown Loft! It's been so hard to keep my mouth shut about this one, because it is JUST ... SO ... COOL! But, at last, the time has come. Now you know I really do listen! Y'all asked for something smaller and less expensive that still had tons of potential, and I think we've hit the nail on the head! Plus, Fran did such an excellent job bringing the trendy modern-ness out of this straightforward design, you just can't help but be inspired! I can't wait to see what you all do with this versatile kit! The MiniTown Loft will be in stock next month, but go ahead and place your order now. This one is sure to go fast!

[LOL it wasn't this ugly in my email but it wouldn't paste properly here!]

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some ideas:

House boat

Nail/Hair Salon

Spa

Coffee shop

Art Gallery

Theatre (two kits: First - lobby with upstairs and down stairs balcony seats. Second- Remove interior and make it the stage.)

Dance Studio (also two kits: First - No interior and remove right wall. Second - Remove left wall so it opens to the first. Use the loft for changing and reception.)

Ice Rink (similar construction as the Dance studio, only you might need three kits so you have a big rink)

Military Bunker

Ice cream shop

Ok, I'm getting excited. I think this might be a great contest kit.

Here's some ideas:

House boat

Nail/Hair Salon

Spa

Coffee shop

Art Gallery

Theatre (two kits: First - lobby with upstairs and down stairs balcony seats. Second- Remove interior and make it the stage.)

Dance Studio (also two kits: First - No interior and remove right wall. Second - Remove left wall so it opens to the first. Use the loft for changing and reception.)

Ice Rink (similar construction as the Dance studio, only you might need three kits so you have a big rink)

Military Bunker

Ice cream shop

Ok, I'm getting excited. I think this might be a great contest kit.

Whew-- my idea is not on this list! ;) Now let's see if I can actually finish this year, as opposed to the last few years... ;)

I think I have a really awesome/unique idea for the loft, but I just got started with dollhouses and I just got the chimney assembled on my Brookwood. I'd also have to make a lot of custom pieces for my idea because they are not things there's a big market for.

I think I'm asking for either encouragement or discouragement. I'd need to get started pretty early in the year because I don't have big chunks of time to devote to miniatures.

Any advice?

I agree with everyone else...start early. Like Cyd, I didn't start until late in the year and was still making changes/additions on the last day. I hear a lot of folks are going to use more than one kit. I have a couple of ideas and will probably do the same.

Here is the actual link for the contest info:

http://www.miniatures.com/Enter-Creatin-Contest-W6.aspx

Looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretation of it and hear all the little tidbits of ideas while it is being secret still (fingers crossed)...

Hugs and good luck to all that is working on it allready!

I'm not moved to jump into this one. My competitive urges seem to have ebbed completely. I'm content to set my own challenges. And I'm not too crazy to work with MDF, either. But I'll be eager to see what the entrants accomplish. It's always marvelous.