2012 Creating Contest??

It will be interesting to see what people do this year. 2011 winners were supposed to be announced last week. Maybe it was a little tougher than Ernie originally thought.

I know I was so set to see or hear about the winners here ! With the amazing talent I saw in galleries I know there have to be winners here ! Maybe it's all hush hush?

I can't wait to get my hands on the new project, my idea has been keeping me up nights and I began research three weeks ago. At least I have a year so that I can scratch the pennies and make them into dimes lol.

Bran

I know I was so set to see or hear about the winners here ! With the amazing talent I saw in galleries I know there have to be winners here ! Maybe it's all hush hush?

I can't wait to get my hands on the new project, my idea has been keeping me up nights and I began research three weeks ago. At least I have a year so that I can scratch the pennies and make them into dimes lol.

Bran

I know what you mean about staying up at night. I have been doing a lot of thinking and a little architectural research. I have two or three really good ideas, but from my mind to reality may or may not fly...

Gonzo , I always have that problem , mine is financial how can I make something out of nothing at all ! You definitely have that mini find mind talent . Sometimes for me I have to get a push lol . My motel sign was plexiglas frame from Walmart lol.

Holly, I totally agree ! That was huge !! And now I live my station but dang where to put it

Gosh, hope it finds a home ( shameless plug insert) lol

There's bound to be someone with room (just not I), Brae; your work is ubercool.

Greg, I found that Patricia King's books helped me develop an eye for spotting the mini potential in "found objects" (table trash, parkinglot detritus, etc).

Holly...thanks for the book info. I did a lot of that with my Station. I used items I printed, mistinted paint from Lowe's and Depot, yard sale finds, dollar store finds. I think when it comes to finding bargains on kits and finding the items to fill them, the "hunt" is half the fun.

Ok, so not wanting to rain on anyone's parade, but I have to say there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency between the judging each year. I love the winner of 2011 competition, but I can't see the original kit in it. I thought that was one of the requirements???

Ok, so not wanting to rain on anyone's parade, but I have to say there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency between the judging each year. I love the winner of 2011 competition, but I can't see the original kit in it. I thought that was one of the requirements???

I see your point, but there doesn't seem to have been alot to the original kit... That's what I like about the Spring Fling kits-- especially last year's-- very distinctive elements!

Not one of the requirements. Keep in mind that the contest is very subjective. If you look at entries from each year you will probably see projects that you thought should have won instead of the actual winners. I know I see that. However, it is a lot of fun. I would venture to guess that for the 2012 contest you will not see much of the original kit.

As I understand it the main point of the Creatin' Contest is to see just how far you can tweak the contest kit and how mini of the components & supplies you use in the process that might just happen to come from HBS (which is a great marketing tool for them!)

I've entered almost every year lol , starting with the trailer, at the boat we were told that they had to br able to see the original kit no matter how bashed somewhere in the project.

Sigh , I'm afraid my idea for the loft, you will definitely be able to see the kit through my plans . But at the moment I am so consumed with me idea that I can't get out. Lol it has to see itself.

But for the love of creating , as gonzo said , that's all that really matters .

I also suffer from lack of money itis lol so I seldom am able to afford too many HBS supplies. There should be a catagory , making something from nothing lol.

The winners are just amazing !!

Bran