2012 Creating Contest??

As I understand it the main point of the Creatin' Contest is to see just how far you can tweak the contest kit and how mini of the components & supplies you use in the process that might just happen to come from HBS (which is a great marketing tool for them!)

Holly, the judges work from the photos only. They can have no idea where the components come from since HBS is not the sole source of most mini items. From what I learned when I was lucky enough to get one of the magic winner phone calls, they go strictly on overall presentation and craftsmanship.

I can understand the rule that the contest kit has to be recognizable in bones of the final build. After all, that's what levels the playing field.

As you read through this topic keep one thing in mind: it is called a "Creatin' Contest" for a reason. Congrats again to the winners and good luck to everyone this year.

Don't be bashful...be bash-full !!!

The kits started to be shipped on Friday. I went onto their web site and clicked on my shipment which went from back order status to 'shipped'.

I started making things for it weeks ago, so the wait for the kit seems like forever. But I found a box that was the same measurement as the kit and have used it as an idea for fit.

I am excited to see what everyone does !! A dream of building this particular item, has been bothering me for years and now this kit comes along begging to become my dream idea lol. The problem, no real bashing just change a few walls and add some other details to stretch out the "front" and that's it. The kit will be seen through the idea but oh well, I have to get this idea out. I have already been collecting since the announcement of the kit for 2012 so now I'm in !

I have ordered the book for the research , bless you B and N lol. And that's it, now to figure out ways around money lol.

Bran

• Like 1

I am excited to see what everyone does !! A dream of building this particular item, has been bothering me for years and now this kit comes along begging to become my dream idea lol. The problem, no real bashing just change a few walls and add some other details to stretch out the "front" and that's it. The kit will be seen through the idea but oh well, I have to get this idea out. I have already been collecting since the announcement of the kit for 2012 so now I'm in !

I have ordered the book for the research , bless you B and N lol. And that's it, now to figure out ways around money lol.

Bran

I agree with the bashing. The kit is going to be so obvious with my project, but oh well. I'm doing it for fun andnot to win.

• 9 months later...

I'm moving this thread up since the deadline is only 2 weeks away! I finished mine last week and it got its fancy schmancy photo shoot on Friday. Pictures have been picked and edited, now they just have to be printed and sent on out! Anyone going to be working up to the last minute?

As usual money became a problem and I had to do some creative work, just hope it looks the way the dang thing is supposed to !

I will be struggling to the bitter end I'm afraid. Joe's aunt had a stroke so we been helping take care of an 8 and 6 yr old fun fun . I'm also coming off of a mnini project that I hoped would lend some bill love lol. Oh well, money comes money goes but the mini stays and the passion continues. I am super excited to show pics but wasn't sure if it was cool to do so yet?

Brandaen

I am super excited to show pics but wasn't sure if it was cool to do so yet?

I think it is funny how some folks wait until after the deadline. I say if you are done, go for it. I don't think there are any trade secrets.

I think it is funny how some folks wait until after the deadline. I say if you are done, go for it. I don't think there are any trade secrets.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I should be sharing mine later this week, I think. :)

Lyssa !! that is stupendous !! what did you use to stain or wood for the outside ?? and your landscaping is marvelous!

To those like me tryign to finish, go go go !!! we can do it !!! It's been a crazy year for me and this piece has been in my head for a very long time.....so it had to get out of my head!! I know we can get it out in the mail....I actually took a day off from work to try and finish lol ugh.

Those who know me, know that I am fixated on New Orleans and hope to move there in the new year so my entry will not surpise anyone I just hope the subject matter isn't gonna make me loose points lol. Pics soon of MY storyville

• Like 1

lol knew that might make ya happy Holly lol !

I put some pics of "the making of storyville" lol cause it ain't done yet ! Storyville was the red-light district of New Orleans, Louisiana, from 1897 through 1917

for those who don't know about it. It was a naughty part of town but was full of jazz ! and had its own amazing beauty and style. From the lowly "crib" to the mansions of the district, you could taste life there.

• Like 1

How close are ya blondie ? Go Go Go I wanna see all the kitties moved in and pics

I'm freaking out and stressing !! slate plastc roof won't fit and two with a seam looks like grabage so now I'm hand shingling and painting !! freaking out !

Oh my! I have brick on the Cattery, but it's sheets! I have a few things left to put in the house. Then I have to rearrange everything a million times. Hahaha. But I plan on taking my pictures this afternoon. Then I have to find somewhere to print them and get them in the mail. You keep going, too! It's going to be fine! As my father says, "You do this not to win but because you enjoy it so much." Very wise father.

...I plan on taking my pictures this afternoon. Then I have to find somewhere to print them and get them in the mail...
If you have a printer and you're using a digital camera, can't you load them onto your computer and print them?