2012 Creating Contest??

It's fantastic. I want to go sit on that porch and drink something toxic and dance like a wild woman. :D
I love it, Brandaen! I don't want to drink anything toxic, but I'll sit with you and sip single barrel 18 year old bourbon and make smart remearks about the johns.

Brandaen, it looks incredible. I really love the laser work. So intricate and the perfect addition to your build. Is the design on it true to those in NO?

Lyssa, there are buildings in the Vieux Carre that still look like that.

• 1 month later...

they announced the grand prize winner today, very cool ! it was a boat very cool idea. I wish I had the money sometimes to but up stuff for the inside, sometimes I feel the pressure to fill a miniature and that the big winners always have the most stuff inside lol. oh well, dang poverty always getting in the way lol .

can't wait to see it all though !!

they announced the grand prize winner today, very cool ! it was a boat very cool idea. I wish I had the money sometimes to but up stuff for the inside, sometimes I feel the pressure to fill a miniature and that the big winners always have the most stuff inside lol. oh well, dang poverty always getting in the way lol .

can't wait to see it all though !!

That was quite an interesting build that she did. Just sitting here trying to imagine having $1,000 to spend on whatever I wanted!

I know !!!! Holy cow can you imagine ?! Where money was not an issue with minis just once ! Lol

Any rate , I will fess up though that I did place but wasn't anything as wonderful as grand or first but ya know placing means the world to me ! Just wish I could one day get that carrot lol but I'm sure we all do , so I'm not alone . I don't wanna sound like a spoiled sport after all.

Always a brides maid never a bride sigh lol but maybe one year I can trough more money into it , this year almost broke me and my partner gave me stink eye lol.

I know !!!! Holy cow can you imagine ?! Where money was not an issue with minis just once ! Lol

Any rate , I will fess up though that I did place but wasn't anything as wonderful as grand or first but ya know placing means the world to me ! Just wish I could one day get that carrot lol but I'm sure we all do , so I'm not alone . I don't wanna sound like a spoiled sport after all.

Always a brides maid never a bride sigh lol but maybe one year I can trough more money into it , this year almost broke me and my partner gave me stink eye lol.

I didn't enter the contest, but if I had "placed" I would have been thrilled! Congratulations! It sure is easy to go thru money buying mini's. Addictive really, but guess there are worse things!

I am thrilled !! Super excited , I am in second place and can't wait to see everyone else !!

I had such a tremendous year so I can't complain . For the first year ever I feel closer to a mini goal . I wish I could one day do minis all the time and quit my day job .

Just thinking also how lucky everyone is here , we can talk and learn from eachother . There is something to be said for making miniatures as well . We as a group of artists who love minis can't allow everything to be made by a machine.

So castine guild school is even more important than ever !!

Ok , soap box down lol.

• Like 1

I am thrilled !! Super excited , I am in second place and can't wait to see everyone else !!

I had such a tremendous year so I can't complain . For the first year ever I feel closer to a mini goal . I wish I could one day do minis all the time and quit my day job .

Second place is wonderful! You should be really proud of yourself. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Awe thanks ! Very sweet of you ! I have pictures in my gallery if you wanted to see ;-) ☺

I just looked at them, I had seen those when they first went up and I was newer to the forum then. Just didn't realize to whom they belonged! LOL! Nice to meet you! You did a great job on that. Loved the balcony area and the statue, not to mention the interior.

Aww thanks everyone and thank you holly , you made my day , thank you for helping me keep things in perspective . There WERE so many people the winners beat out so we should be very dang proud !!

They just released the first place !! Lyssa !! Awesome you deserve it !! Your work is fantastic ! Why you being so quiet lol

Two winners from greenleaf yayyy who's third place !!