Miniature Rainbow Cake Tutorial

SMarieCarlson

Here is a link to my first video tutorial on how to make a miniature rainbow cake for your dollhouse or other miniature scene. bye1.gif

http://crunchy-farmgirl.blogspot.com/2012/01/video-tutorial-how-to-make-miniature.html

I would really like your feedback since this is my first of many tutorials. I would like to know how I can improve.

Thanks

{{P.S.}} Please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this or not. I always have a fear of posting something that is forbidden or something when starting a new thread.

Great tutorial! I'm new to using clay and have watched several videos.

I like how throughout the video you are sharing the tools you are using and tips for storing clay. Also like how you cut out parts of the video that were repetitive (like cutting out each color). Video is focused (except for a few parts at the end where you are trying to show it up close but I know those things are tiny!! ) I've seen some videos where the whole video is totally blurry which is annoying. You had good lighting and I like how I could hear you clearly too. I also like how you showed a picture of it right at the beginning that way you can see all the details because some times on video you can’t get a nice clear shot.

Did you bake this cake? You didn't mention anything about that and most of the videos I've seen bake their creations once they are made up. I have heard of air dry clay so I wasn't sure if that was what you were using. If you were using air dry clay how long did you wait before you cut the cake? One more question….. Once you are all done do you spray it with anything to seal it? I heard in some other videos that they can be a little sticky once done and to just spray them. If you do spray them what do you use?

Overall for being your first video I thought it was awesome!!! I really want to get into clay making and have watched tons of videos. One thing I saw from some lady is she use to have a little slide at the end listing all the things she used. I thought that was great. I didn't have to pause during her video to take notes because I knew she was going to list it all in the end and at that point I would just pause the video and take a screen shot of her list.

Can't wait to see more videos from you! Your food creations are wonderful!

• Like 1

WOW! Thanks for all the great comments on my video. I have posted more if you would like to follow along.

http://www.youtube.com/user/smariesminis?feature=guide

I did bake my cake. That part must have gotten cut from the film. Sorries.

Unfortunately my camera doesn't focus. It is a Flip Mino HD, but the HD part apparently only works for large landscape films nothing upclose. :(

I did not seal my cake, and it is not sticky.

What a great Idea on posting the things you will need. I think that will help me just get ready before filming. I tend not to have everything out when I am working so when I am filming it gets really annoying to try and find something.

Thanks a gain and stick around for some more videos.