Hanuted Pierce - New Direction!

MHRMAYD

Hiya! Just wanted to jump back in and get some feedback on my thoughts to turn my Pierce into a haunted mansion? Any other ghouls that have gone this direction? I'm looking for hints on scary ideas, where to purchase things like mini coffins, and general feedback on my idea. I still intend to enter this one in the county fair next year and I want to be, well, unique. No foo-foo - I want gore!!!

Thanxxx!

Miniatures.com is having a 30% off sale their Halloween and Christmas stuff until Jan. 19, so maybe see if you can pick up a few things there. Coupon code: WPC3202

I have also seen a lot of cool stuff on ebay and etsy, handmade for that OOAK look you are going for.

Good luck and keep us posted!

My problem with perfection is that if it's ever achieved, what then? It's the journey where all the neat stuff & problem solving happens along the way; once you're there all you can do is sit and stare.

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa, we seem to be kindred 'spirits'.. :) I too am seeking gore and ghoulishness....and this is the first time I've actually altered a house. It's a Lily, I felt the mansard roof (if I could figure it out) would lend a 'haunted mansion' feel.The stair spindles are leg bones,a haunted mirror hangs in the blood spattered entry,blood runs down the walls of the attic (not sure what's lurking in there yet), there's a chandelier made of bones and skulls, and a six 'foot' dining table my grandaughter created. I've just been web browsing with google to find 'spooky miniatures'. Lots of good stuff on etsy, too.

• Like 1

...this is the first time I've actually altered a house. It's a Lily, I felt the mansard roof (if I could figure it out) would lend a 'haunted mansion' feel.The stair spindles are leg bones,a haunted mirror hangs in the blood spattered entry,blood runs down the walls of the attic (not sure what's lurking in there yet), there's a chandelier made of bones and skulls, and a six 'foot' dining table my grandaughter created. I've just been web browsing with google to find 'spooky miniatures'. Lots of good stuff on etsy, too.
Shingles left dangling or missing from a mansard roof somehow seems more decrepit to me than on other roofs, plus cracked & broken shingles and moss, mold & ;ichens growing on them. Perhaps a giant bat or rabid animal lives in the attic.
  • Like 1

I've been having a blast making my Heritage all old and falling apart on the outside with a sunken in portico roof. Inside, it's warm and nostalgic, though, so a little different from the direction you are heading.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=72648

• Like 1

Brae, I've seen your album; you've done amazing things, that chimney is especially awesome. I will definitely use the moss idea, and will try tattering the shingles as Holly suggests. Maybe even a hole in the roof, not sure about that (guess that depends on what ends up lurking there)... lots of spider webs and detritis, dust and mold. I really need to catalog all my projects, I found another house in the sewing room last night, and I forgot about the potting shed and the little red school house.....and bear hollow...and the Santa's workshop the girls did..the mixed-media dollhouse I did last Halloween, and the haunted house I did out of cardboard boxes for a window display in a shop last year.... :D

LOVING all the input and pics of your projects! I've been busy shingling so nothing much has progressed other than that but I have been SO inspired by everybody's amazing work!

Oh, and it's supposed to read "HAUNTED Pierce". Oopsie! :oops:

Thanks everybody - I love it here. :pepper: