New Update... new problems?

Mandystar

Trying to post a "thank you" on a gallery photo, nothing happens when I click "Comment." Also, if I click "Quote" under that person's comment, that little progress bar runs, but nothing at all happens!

All of the above issues are a result of your browser caching the old JavaScript files from the previous version. To fix this, per the message above, please clear your browser's cache so that it will start using the latest files.

Because DH & I share the computer I can't go willy-nilly clearing the cache; however, while I notice I still have to double click sometimes, I now have the complete strip of recently added photos at the top of the home page; so I willl clear cookies, at least, and noodle around and hope for the best.

One quick question: I had to go to "help" to get to the cookie info, and it says this: "You can clear the cookies at any time by clicking on the link found at the bottom of the main board page" (I highlighted it & clicked on the "quote" icon and nothing happened) and I have probably missed it, but when I look all over the forum's homepage I no longer see the "clear cookies set by this board" button.

Um, yes, I cleared my cache when I read the message at the top of each page here. I saw the strip of new gallery images there, even when other things weren't working. I use my computer for so much more than browsing (like, real work!), so that clearing my cookies is a major setback. Clearing the browser history and/or cache, however, is doable, which is what I did right up front.

Another thing that has changed, and that I miss... before, under the poster's name in each forum, there were buttons to link to that member's PM, gallery, etc. I don't see that any longer, and it was nice to have right there, rather than having to go to the member's profile page to find all this. Sorry to be sounding to negative about this "upgrade," but I just do not see any benefits but do see the drawbacks.

Another thing that has changed, and that I miss... before, under the poster's name in each forum, there were buttons to link to that member's PM, gallery, etc. I don't see that any longer, and it was nice to have right there, rather than having to go to the member's profile page to find all this. Sorry to be sounding to negative about this "upgrade," but I just do not see any benefits but do see the drawbacks.

I liked that feature also!

Mandy,

If you "hover" over the member's name, all that info pops up without having to go to their profile. Still one more step, but easier than going to their page! I agree, though, it can be put back under the names.

Thanks, Tracy. I see that, but it's rather clunky. While I "hover," I see the progress spinning while it loads. NOT user friendly. I'm probably really nit-picky because I build sites like this (and it's my job to be critical about this), and hate when something is not user friendly. People just stop using it!

• 3 years later...

I just tried to log in using the user name and password I have had from the beginning. It would not let me in. The problem is Google has my old email address and it was automatically changed a couple of years ago by U-Verse when I switched to them from what I had when I first got my computer. Google still has the old email address and I cannot change it. I no longer receive email at that old address. It took two hours this morning to get back on here and I had to use the ridiculously long number letter password they assigned me. Now I don't know how to change it to my password that still shows here. Finding someone to get help from at Google is like trying to contact God. If it doesn't let me in again when I try and sign on I will just not use the Greenleaf forum anymore. I am not very good at computers so don't know why my Google password was not changed or will not let me change when the old password no longer is in use. How do you get a real live person to talk to at Google? Not happy.