i'm new and also from az

spg35fem

hi :) My name is Jan, and i'm also from arizona. a little sleepy town up north named snowflake. i had a dollhouse (two actually) that my mom made for me when i was in 4th grade (the other came when i was in 6th). mom got really creative and made me a "log cabin" style dollhouse out of magazine pages that she rolled up like logs glued into place and painted brown. it was a small 2-story and i loved it to pieces. it finally fell apart with all the moving we did, that's when she made one that was twice the size with my brother's help for my birthday in 6th grade. i had it for years. i had forgotten all about dollhouses, even though i have 2 daughters. we made smaller versions out of different materials. my ex-boyfriend gave me 3 little doll furniture kits a couple of years ago. they sat on a shelf while i gathered the courage to actually put them together. that finally happened a week ago. now....i've been bit by the dollhouse bug...again! lol i've been looking online for a dollhouse kit to purchase and right now it's a toss up between the buttercup and the orchid. i've already begun collecting furnishings and whatnots to put into said dollhouse. hopefully i can have one completed by july of this year. (my granddaughter comes for a visit). is that a realistic time frame? i have No idea really about what i'm doing so there will be tons of questions. hopefully some of you will have answers for me.

let me apologize in advance for the question-asking pain in the butt i'm likely to become ;)

Welcom Janice! If you're not too far from Phoenix there is a dollhouse shop there called Auntie Em's and if you're in Tucson anytime Miniature Memories is a fun place to stop by. Have you gone to the Mini Time Museum in Tucson yet? I loved it! Took my four year old and he had a ball with the huge tree inside and the fairy. I'm also from Arizona, much further south though 2 hours from Tucson.

Welcome to the little family, Janice. I can build and finish a Buttercup in a week, the Orchid takes me a bit longer, depending on what it wants me to do to it. The Buttercup doesn't have stairs, if that's not an issue.