Any RN's in the forum?

kidrumm

I'm not, but my wife is going to try to pass the NCLEX again in a few months. It will be her 5th attempt.

Holly- Prisons and psych? I didn't know you were a glutten for punishment! :p

Kina- It must be nice being so close to the Chicago mini shows!

Hi! I'm a retired LPN..and spent my whole-almost 20 yr.- career in Geriatrics.Loved those folks and worked in a nursing home where people actually got well and returned to their homes!!! Very exciting!! :wave:

Nya, nya, Jeremy; the prisons was because before Nursing School I applied for correctional officer and went to school on some of the class action money I was awarded; the psych nursing was because I raised one bipolar kid with psychotic features, so it wasn't as if I didn't feel at home... When I worked for the Health Department I had four elementary schools I was the school nurse for.

Nice to meet you all...I really just started with the miniature hobby so I have no idea about the shows in Chicago and I am considering moving to Memphis real soon. I've applied for a trauma ICU manager positon and have had my phone interview, they contacted my references last week, so I am hoping they are trying to finalize a face to face interview. After the 2.5 hour ride to work during the snow storm last night, I truly am ready to go!!!

What shows are there?

The Atlanta Miniature Society has one in September and I think there's another in the spring. You can check the miniature magazines for show schedules, and maybe google them online. Molly Cromwell does quite a few shows, as does Tom Bishop; but they tend to be humongous.

Nice to meet you all...I really just started with the miniature hobby so I have no idea about the shows in Chicago and I am considering moving to Memphis real soon. I've applied for a trauma ICU manager positon and have had my phone interview, they contacted my references last week, so I am hoping they are trying to finalize a face to face interview. After the 2.5 hour ride to work during the snow storm last night, I truly am ready to go!!!

What shows are there?

Chicago has some big international shows there. In the spring there are I think 3 shows all at the same time.

http://www.bishopshow.com/chiinfo.htm

http://www.ima-show.com/

http://3blindmiceshow.com/chicago_spring/

Building on what Holly said, about Atlanta shows, there are two here each year. Atlanta Mini Society in September, and Tom Bishop in Feb-Mar. However, the Bishop show here isn't near as big as it is in other cities like Chicago.

What shows are there?

Tom Bishop's Chicago International Show is BIG and held in April at the O'Hare Marriot. I had both of my houses there as a vendor last year and hope to make the show again next year if I get all the repairs done by then (a kid hit our trailer and damaged them on the way up last year).

• 2 weeks later...

You would have been right at home in the Trauma Center down here last weekend. My wife has one of the 18 survivors from our I-75 accident on her floor. The death toll will likely rise too. The fiance of a co-worker is a Forensic Pathologist who was called out to the accident. She found one victim in a burned out car, but 3 left ulnas were also in the car. What a tragedy.

You would have been right at home in the Trauma Center down here last weekend. My wife has one of the 18 survivors from our I-75 accident on her floor. The death toll will likely rise too. The fiance of a co-worker is a Forensic Pathologist who was called out to the accident. She found one victim in a burned out car, but 3 left ulnas were also in the car. What a tragedy.

What a terrible tragedy. So glad to hear your wife was one of the survivors. Life sure can take a turn at any unsuspecting moment. Need to cherish every minute.

Oh, Jeremy! I would never have made it as an ER nurse; trauma & triage during my year at the prison was gracious plenty! We were shocked to hear about that wreck near Payne's Prairie, but never dreamed anyone we knew might have been in it!

Holly,

My wife wasn't IN the accident, she's a CNA at Shands and has one of the survivors on her floor. The others are in the Trauma unit. So far there appears to be only one car with Florida residents involved. It was a couple of guys from Gainesville, and they were able to exit the vehicle after it was hit twice from behind without injury. All of the injured/deceased so far have been out-of-state drivers.

Holly, from reading the stories and listening to the news reports, there was no time to take care. It's clear sailing and then BAM! -- total whiteout. One woman calling 911 heard crashes but couldn't see them, and the rescue workers found victims by sound, not sight. This is akin to a horrendous accident east of New Orleans not long ago. The problem of fog is exacerbated by the particles in the smoke from nearby marsh fires (in both cases). They meld, creating a wet fog so dense that it is impossible to see beyond the front of the vehicle. What a sad, sad situation.

Hi I'm a Hemodialysis RN for the past 7-8 years. Background in women's health mostly before that in the outpatient setting. Labor and delivery the first 2 years out of nursing school :)

One of my best friends and his wife are both RNs for a dialysis company (Persinius?) here in Gainesville.

• 1 month later...

I think you're thinking of Fresenius. I'm an ER RN, just got CEN certified. Man that was fun.

Yep, that's the one, Fresenius. I used to be a patient transporter for 2 of the local medical centers and always started the day transporting dialysis patients. It got depressing seeing the same people so many times and seeing their health decline until they passed.

Wife is still pestering me to get an ASN or BSN. Not going to happen.