Roach Motel Hell

sommerstern7

Wow Nathaniel. TWO houses in a row? You were obviously much braver that I would have been after the mouse house-lol! I would have stopped there with buying sight unseen. I think after your stories and mine combined, I would have to hire a mini- realtor before I would ever buy another mini- house that has been pre-owned again (hahaha). There is a chemical solution called Odo-ban that is available at your standard Home Depot and Lowe's stores--or I bet that it can be ordered online as well. Anyway...this solution is said to work to not only mask, but destroy anything that is causing odor--kind of like an industrial Febreze that gets rid of the odor forever. It is very pleasant smelling and I know this because my family owns rentals and have used it in the clean up process of a residence that had some fire damage done to the interior by a prior tenant. It might be something to consider if odor is the only thing you are dealing with. Kilz is another option if you are planning on repainting or repapering the house anyway.

Nathaniel, hit your local petshop and pick up a container of activated charcoal and sprinkle some of it on a couple of saucers to set in the stinky house. Cover it with a tarp and leave it for a week to see if that helps.

When I got the Diva (aka) the Lawbre French Chateau it had cigerette smoke smell. I covered/sealed her up in a plastic bag and used the activated charcoal and now she is sweet and clear. It really works!

• Like 1

Does anyone know how long activated charcoal lasts once it is purchased. Is it something you can keep on hand for when you need it, or will it dissolve like mothballs if it sits unused for a period of time? Just curious because it sounds like something good to keep on hand.

I still have most of the container I bought to revive old ice chests. mothballs are naptha, which is crystals that evaporate over time. Charcoal is charcoal, it stays the way it is until you burn it.

• Like 1

Guest Nathaniel

You can report the item to ebay, but they probably wont do anything about it...Ive heard they dont ever do anything. The listing is definitely not describing the house honestly. I saw the listing, it is a cute house, too bad its a horror story!

It is a darling house. I loved it because of the uniqueness of it portrayed in the listing photos... but what a MESS. Did I mention that all the white trim that you see trimming everything is really white electrical tape made to look like molding on the interior walls and doors. It's hard to see that in their 'not so clear' photographs as well. Ugh! I was going to redo the interior with new wallpaper/paint, so the electrical tape was just "one more thing" added to the list of nastiness.

Ugh, I think it might be back up... :(

I saw the listing, it is a cute house, too bad its a horror story!

I looked and looked for this listing and cannot find it. Did you find it on ebay under half scale dollhouse? Ive looked almost every day since the first sighting of it. I wonder if Im blocked because I returned it- haha!

• Like 1

Im certain that I will go to Hell for this, but we should write our own REAL listing of this dollhouse-- just for the heck of it-- roaches and all! LOL!

ie: 'Old, Nasty Fairfield Dollhouse for sale. Comes from a smoking household and smells like a dirty ashtray, but comes from a pet-free home. Dollhouse however is not only equipped with its own appliances, but will come with several cockroaches and a small dried out spider; all which can be positioned any way you'd like, anywhere in the house--with the exception of one small roach that is permanently affixed to adorn the 2nd floor bathroom curtain. House also comes with several deteriorating cobwebs and dust mites. For pick up or delivery. Buyer pays shipping----- Both Ways. (Bahahahahaha!)

• Like 3