Hello from Northern Ontario, Canada

Kat12

Hello, all!

I am Kathy (aka Kat12), and I just purchased my first wood dollhouse kit online, last night. I am soooo excited, lol. I am 47, and I have wanted a dollhouse since I was little. I purchased the Laurel and the Primrose addition, and I cannot wait til they get here from Toronto (an 8 hour drive normally...God knows how long with Canada Post, lol).

I was not sure what to put down when I joined and the form asked how many dollhouses I have put together. I have never done a wood kit, but I have stitched up 2 plastic canvas dollhouses, and have the third one about 2/3rds complete. The first one I stitched up was a little carry and play two roomer, called "Bear Cottage". The second, The Haunted Dollhouse, is larger, with 6 rooms (3 floors). The third is from a pattern called "My Pink Dollhouse", and it will also have 6 rooms, 3 floors. I completed all of the interior rooms except for the attic floor...I am working on that now. I took a break from the house to stitch some of the furniture that goes with it, and decided that my fridge shelves looked bear. So I googled "how to make miniature food" and found seven billion websites, lol, and lost 3 days immersed in the world of miniatures. I found a Canadian Dollhouse company, located in Toronto, and it was having a sale (woohoo).

I feel like a kid at Christmas; this is so exciting. I just wish my little niece Clarissa lived closer than an 8 hour drive, because she would love to do this house up with me. Oh well, my inner child and I will have fun doing it ourselves :banana::happydance: .

I am looking forward to becoming a part of this group.

Take care,

Kathy

(PS: why can't I write the short forms I words like I am: I'm, without getting that weird line in between, lol?)

Here are some photos:

post-13916-0-67821300-1328458340_thumb.j

post-13916-0-81941200-1328458385_thumb.jpost-13916-0-05455200-1328458714_thumb.j

Welcome Kathy! You will have so much fun here! The Laurel and Primrose will be a great project. :)

And oh my goodness, how cute are those little houses you've done?! I love them! :)

Thank you so much, Blue Bear. I love doing plastic canvas.

Kathy

WELCOME to the Greenleaf mini-family, Kathy – so glad you joined us! We love to share news, pictures, and ideas on all things miniature! I love your comment about "you and your inner child will have fun" - maybe that's why we all enjoy the houses so much! :laughbounce:

Hi Kathy and welcome to the Greenleaf Forum.I love your stitched houses and my first house was the Laurel/Primerose house.

I have yet to finish this one cause I'm making it a Harry Potter house,(grown up Harry) and have many ideas and want this house to be special.Glad you found this site! :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kathy, I have spent the last few weeks ebgrossed in the mini world and cant beleive its taken we all these years to join a mini community like this.. :)

welcome x

Hi Scarlet,

I know exactly what you mean. I've been engrossed in the mini world for about a week too, and I'm so thrilled by everything. I LOVE the trash to treasure ideas I've found online, and the little printie pages, and the photos of finished houses. I've even been reading mini mysteries, by Margaret Grace (and loving them!).

Hi Kathy and welcome to the Greenleaf Forum.I love your stitched houses and my first house was the Laurel/Primerose house.

I have yet to finish this one cause I'm making it a Harry Potter house,(grown up Harry) and have many ideas and want this house to be special.Glad you found this site! :wave:

What a terrific idea; a grown up Harry Potter house! I love Harry Potter; I can't wait to see your house.