What kind of Winter did you have so far?

heidiiiii

I was wondering what kind of winter all of you have been having so far. I live in Southeastern Connecitcut (shoreline). We have had the mildest winter in about 10 years.

We had one snow storm before Halloween (not technically winter) and another last month that yield 8 inches of the white stuff.

I broke in the 4wd on the Jeep Liberty and I liked it. Not cocky about it but glad I am not trapped in the house anymore. Those of you that know me, know that I am a chicken poopy when it comes to snow and that hill.

Otherwise it has drifted from very mild upper 50s to nippy lower 20s. We had a couple teens but not that many. It happens here. Every five years we get a mild winter.

So what about you? Do you have any snow pics to share? Are you ready to flee to the Bahamas?

Here in the Indianapolis area it has been very mild. We could not have asked for a better week leading up to the Super Bowl. Thankfully, I have stayed away from the city this week, but the weather has been very mild with very little snow. It has been quite enjoyable.

Mild here in the Mohawk Valley. We live on a very high point and we seem to be in our own climate zone which usually means more wind, more fog, and more snow then what the rest of the valley gets. So far it has not been a real problem and no power outages.

It's also been very mild here. The snow that we have had, was melted and gone within 48 hours each time. I shoveled the walk only once because my M.I.L was on her way over... and to be clear it was not 'cause she'd judge, I was worried she might slip :p . It's been so nice to run errands with clear dry roads.

I think we skipped winter this year and have gone into an early spring. One of the driest seasons on record, and one of the warmer ones too. After two years of record snowfall levels I think I'm fine with that. Cold makes my arthritis flare up and this year it has been pretty warm, which is nice. I hope March and April are a little wetter (not snowier).

Coastal southern Maine has been mild too. Only the skiers are complaining.

There's some snow & ice around. The yard across the street faces east and is a thick sheet of solid ice. Today got up to 50 and sunny. If I had known it was going to be so nice I might have washed the car.

My daughter lives in Philadelphia and said it was in the 60's a couple weeks ago or so.

• Like 1

I live in southern ontario and there has been hardly any snow at all. I have had to shovel my sidewalk twice all season and then within a day or two it all melted. Totally different from what we are used to.

Michigan has been having the best winter I can ever remember! I have not shoveled snow at all! We have cold temperatures, but the blue skies and sunshine have been awesome. Makes me feel happy to see the sun!

Winter arrived last weekend or so. We're a couple hours south, but as Jo said, snow came last Saturday late afternoon. I was excited, I like the snow, but by later evening it was starting to melt and by Sunday morning it was essentially gone! Was so disappointed. It snowed again last night which was lovely :) This time it stayed til morning, and is still there in the garden tonight, but the roads are snow free (what a pity, I'll have no excuse not to go to work in the morning!). It is cold though, just below freezing currently, but due to go down a few more degrees tonight.

Otherwise up until last week it has been a very mild winter.

Weather has been clear and warm most of the winter. Today's the first day of Mardi Gras parades, so of course it is chilly and raining. The rain should be gone by 6 pm, so despite the cold and damp, the parades will roll. :thumb:

New Orleans will have a total of 19 parades, some daytime, some evening, all with major floats, bands, horse units, etc., before Mardi Gras, February 21, often 3 or 4 at the same time.

We will be getting Kathie's rain tomorrow or next day and then cold. I hope tomorrow, as we're hiking with a group at NAS Pensacola and then going to the Naval Aviation Museum for lunch & exhibits. If we HAD to move, I must say living so close to the Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum has got to be #1! We were going to ride our tandem bike from Gulf Shores to Orange Beach & back after the library book sale this AM, but the temp has been dropping all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in the mid-Atlantic it's been a weird winter. Some days it's 50 degrees out and other days it's 28. Some flurries have struck but nothing ever sticks to the road, but of course as a precaution everything must shut down and we all run out for bread, milk, and toilet paper - "just in case".

I really wish it would snow, I love it and then I'd have an excuse to stay home and work on my dollhouse all day.

• 2 weeks later...

March came in like a lion with a snow/ice/rain storm. But now it is just early spring gloomy with some warm days and cool nights. I love it! I hope the basement doesn't flood. We really never had a hard freeze.

We had snow on the 1st and 2nd, today it's so warm I walked to store in just a sweatshirt. Of course that's supposedly normal for Colorado, the slogan being "If you don't like the weather, wait around for a few minutes and it will change."

Spring had begun here last week and yesterday we had gully-washer rains with plummeting temperatures. We attended a forestry conference yesterday over in Milton, FL, and brought home a couple of black gum tree seedlings and we got to plant them in the pouring rain and COLD!!! because no way they'd fit in our fridge until today, and it's a lot colder today, even with sunshine!