SMarieCarlson

Traveling Doll 2012  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is anyone interested?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'll think about it.

Hi everyone,

Would there be anyone interested in hosting another travelling doll? Celeste (traveling doll 2010 I believe) is settled in and has decided not to travel anymore. One day an witchy woman came into her bakery and ordered 14 Lemon Meringue Tarts. They got to talking, and the witch shared her name(Melinda Pipkin) and wondered why the World of Minikin did not have any Magical Bakery Establishment. Celeste did not know the answer to this since she herself is a new resident. They ended up talking for a few hours as the tarts were made. Melinda decided to open a Magical Bakery and wants to travel the world in search of Magical baked good recipes before she opened her establishment. So she asked Celeste for help with making arrangements to travel the world in search of great magical recipes.

>>Melinda's Profile>>>

Melinda+Pipkin+Character+Design.jpg

Here is where you come in.

Melinda is a very outspoken witch with an her own opinion of things looking for hosts/hostesses to stay with and find recipes that she can bring back to the World of Minikin. (It would not be unlike her to cause mischief.)

The rules are:

• This is only open to Gold members. (for Safety of the Doll)
    • You must post to the World of Minikin Blog at least 1 time with a special magical baked good recipe and have at least 1 photo of the trip with the doll in the photo.
      • If the doll gets broken in ANY way do NOT attempt to fix the doll, Send her home, I will fix her and send her to her next destination.
        • You make keep the doll for 1 week only.

[*]There will be a gift for each participant individually wrapped. They will all be the same so please only take one and no peeking inside the others.

[*]If you so choose to send a souvenir or shipmate with the doll please make sure you send it in the souvenir part of the box.

[*]Have fun.

If you are interested in hosting this traveling doll with this story line and can make accommodations to Melinda's needs please comment below and PM me with your email address. I am planning on shipping her out late April/early May. (This does not mean you will get her in these months however.)

I will ask for addresses once the date gets closer.

So... Anyone interested?

hardly anyone is interested this year?? Bummer. What is it the storyline, the doll, or other personal matters?

Did it once, with the traveling mice. It was fun to do once, but the novelty has worn off and life holds alternatives. Besides, after one traveler disapeared en route, I'd be leery of taking responsibility for getting the doll to her next stop.

It is totally fine and I understand that it is a big risk to do a traveling doll. We did the one a few years ago and it was a blast. Luckily she returned home safely. Maybe it will just be a smaller traveling group this year. Thanks for the answers though, it leaves me not as curious of to why no one is interested. :)

The grands and I hosted Molly a few years back.

She was the one that someone abducted and the FBI haven't tracked down yet.

Exaggerating on that point but, as I understand it, the postal tracking was investigated and they were never able to recover her.

It was super fun for one of my grands, especially but the heartbreak that occurred when she was lost was almost unbearable for her.

The younger ones didn't understand the loss quite the same so they moved on but the older one still "what-ifs and whys" about it to this day.

She really invested herself in Molly at a time in her life where she was very vulnerable.

We are giving some thought to signing up but need to be sure we have thought it through with all the possible outcomes for them to feel OK about.

When is our last possible sign-up time?

We're interested here in Massachusetts and I have a feeling that Melinda Pipkin would appreciate a visit here. While official word is that there were no real witches in the Salem Witch Trials, we all know the government likes to cover things up.

i am Molly D. Mooses mom. She did go missing on her travels. Bummer. I still feel very bad about this as so amny people put so much into her travels. I still miss the little moose. Was a big disappointment. I really felt awful for one little girl as she was going through a bad time and she got very attached to Molly and was devistated when Molly disappeared. As bad as I felt about Molly missing I felt awful that this little girl had another disappointment in her life. She had made maps of Molly's travels, kept track of her visits to other people and shared them with her class. I have never met this girl but felt like I knew her when she "traveled" with Molly. :bear: No moose picture so a bear will have to do.

These things do happen though (things get lost) . But I think this is the only one who got lost.

What kind of magical recipes are you looking for? I am thinking about doing this one, but not sure what you mean about the recipe. But never had a witch ( besides me on a bad day..lol.) here befiore. I think it would be fun to host another doll. I hosted Thumper when she was going around and had fun. I will check this post again or you can PM me. Teresa

I'm not sure about a recipe either, but I could certainly pose her with my two chefs, and in the kitchen of my Bistro. I'm not into witches and brews but I'm sure I could find at least one "witchy" recipe :cheers:

yes a witchy baked good and confections is just what Melinda is looking for. (like candied cockroach cupcakes, Billy Goat Biscotti, or Melinda's favorite Chocolate Covered Termites.) anything like that.

i am Molly D. Mooses mom. She did go missing on her travels. Bummer. I still feel very bad about this as so amny people put so much into her travels. I still miss the little moose. Was a big disappointment. I really felt awful for one little girl as she was going through a bad time and she got very attached to Molly and was devistated when Molly disappeared. As bad as I felt about Molly missing I felt awful that this little girl had another disappointment in her life. She had made maps of Molly's travels, kept track of her visits to other people and shared them with her class. I have never met this girl but felt like I knew her when she "traveled" with Molly. :bear: No moose picture so a bear will have to do.

These things do happen though (things get lost) . But I think this is the only one who got lost.

What kind of magical recipes are you looking for? I am thinking about doing this one, but not sure what you mean about the recipe. But never had a witch ( besides me on a bad day..lol.) here befiore. I think it would be fun to host another doll. I hosted Thumper when she was going around and had fun. I will check this post again or you can PM me. Teresa

I am sorry you had such a devastation with Molly. I hope those types of things never happen again to anyone.