What's your favorite scent?

LPCullen

I know that a lot of you know that I am allergic to fragrances, but I do use scented candles and things in my home that are a natural scent. My very very very favorite is apple cinnamon, and running a very close second is vanilla scented candles.

What's your favorite scent?

LOL! No, you don't have to pick just one!

Patchouli - without a doubt. It's practically irresistable on it's own but even more so when mixed with a bit of musk, the smallest amount of attar of roses and a hint of jasmine - that's a winning combination.

-David

Mmmmm! I can't place it, but it sounds good! If you want to send me some, feel free! So long as it's a natural scent, I can handle it!

Fresh Ground Coffee

No necessarily in that order!

I love the smell of fresh ground coffee!!!!!

I have always enjoyed anything with cinnomen

but lately I have been using stuff called Ocean mist or Fresh linen

I dunno why but they just smell clean

I use liquid potpori with tea lights

one in living room and one in work room

I usually have some going all day

and candles in those scents.

nutti :blink:

Too many favorites to count 'em all :D I used to have a home-based soap & candle business and was constantly finding *new* favorite fragrances. At one time I had 25 soap scents, 20 lotion scents and 54 candle scents :blink: ( http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/551347623zDQfoo some of my soaps & lotions)

My all time favorite candle scents are:

Maple Pecan Struessel

Warm Fudge Brownies

Cinnamon

Favorite soap scents:

A blend of spearmint & peppermint essential oils

Patchouli Raspberry

Sandalwood Vanilla

Plum Spice

Grapefruit Lily

Favorite body fragrance has always been vanilla

This may sound pretty strange, but my favorite fragrance is Demeter Dirt....it smells just like...well, dirt....it's very subtle and I have gotten quite a few compliment when wearing it...as a matter of fact, a good friend of mine was very sensitive to perfumes, but she was able to wear it as well... Demeter has a whole line of unusual fragrances...I have heard that Dirt & Tomato were the top sellers... Demeter

post-251-1157372495.jpg

I'm allergic to scents too, so I don't have anything smelly in my house (except a scent thingy where I keep the garbage . . . anything is better than the smell of garbage :blink: )

I do love the smell of fresh cut grass,

the rain,

the smell of my cockatiels,

the smell of my dogs after they've had a bath,

fresh coffee (even though I don't drink it),

fresh chocolate, and

a perfume I discovered while on our cruise last year . . . I would go into the shop and spray it on and walk around the ship to make sure I wasn't allergic to it. I did that for three days! It's called 'Beyond Paradise' from Estee Lauder . . . I love it!! I only wear it on special occasions though.

The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking. yum! When I want to freshen the smell in my house I simmer cinnamon sticks and whole cloves on the stoves. Scented air fresheners and Frabreeze make me sneeze until they disapate. I use Odor Away it takes the odor out of fabrics and doesn't have a smell that I can smell.

I am not a huge fan of perfume. My sister in law has calmed down on her perfume wearing. I think she used to bathe in it!! One hug and you would reak of her perfume for HOURS. Ironinc that my brother got a MIS job at a perfume company (that was recently bought by Coty). LOL

I don't wear perfume very often becasue *I* want to be the one who smells it. Usually a 1/2 hour after putting it on, my nose is so used to the scent that I don't smell it anymore. I sprayed some perfume on me the other day before work adn at 3 pm when I was in my bosses office with the door closed for a conf call he asked me if I had just put on perfume. He is quite sensitive to most perfumes. I had completely forgotten that I had put it on at 8:45 am that morning, when I usually don't wear any.

I love the smell of fresh flowers and fresh strawberries. Gardinias, Lilacs, and Lillies of the Valley are my favorite flowers. My grandma used to wear a perfume that smelled like Lillies of the Valley so it brings back warm memories. My favorite perfume is Jessica McClintock.

When I was MUCH younger I worked in a video store and this very nice woman and her husband were regular customers. I would know when they were in the store because it was just a very light scent that wafted everywhere. Wish I could find that scent in a candle or warming tart!! Love's Baby Soft makes a Jasmine perfume, but there is so much alcohol in it that doesn't last more than a 1/2 hour.

There is a men's cologne. I think called Cool Waters, that is devine. The guy wearing it could be EWE and I would still follow him around smelling him! LOL My hubby only wears CK1 occasionally. He thinks its the best scent. I'm sick of it, he needs a change. Maybe I'll get him a new cologne for his birthday coming up.

Besides the scents already mentioned, like baking bread or cookies fresh cut grass, and rain, I absolutely love the smell of cumin. Also the smell of coffee brewing when we are camping in the forest.

I don't normally wear any scents because a women at work with is allergic, extremely, to scents. But my all time favorite perfume is Halston, which I wear only on special occasions.

I love the smell of fresh ground coffee!!!!!

Fresh ground coffee is a favourite scent of mine too. I have a friend who not only grinds her own coffee beans, she roasts them first! The smell and taste of a cup of coffee at her house is honestly to die for.

I also love the smell of lavender and lilacs.

-Susanne

I love the smell of summer rain after it has been really hot weather...the smell that comes up from the dry pathway....mmmm I also love vanilla, almond, coconut and the smell of a newly bathed baby all clean and ready for bed!

Kath x

Fresh ground fresh brewed coffee first thing in the morning is Numero Uno!

I use candle melts from Yankee Candle (a splurge I will not give up) My all time favorite smell is Midsummer`s Night...It is a black candle.

the other smell dh and I fight over is Lemon Zest (also Yankee candle)