Brick Newport for sale - partially constructed

otterine

After swallowing a healthy dose of reality, I've decided that finishing the Newport is probably not anything I am going to do in the near future. I have the first floor built and part of the second floor is started. I added a custom garage addition to one side and the two story addition to the other.

I will include any lights that are already wired into the house (included a Mackintosh ceiling light and the two custom sunflower lamps I made for the guest bedroom and two custom pendant lamps in the kitchen), though I will be removing one lamp that came from my childhood dollhouse that I want to keep. No furniture will be included.

I had ordered extra roofing pieces to enclose the side addition, and I will include those as well as the rest of the original kit parts. I've done some customization along the way, adding more room to the interior and moving the stairs around. I had started a conservatory on the second floor and can include my materials for that as well. I upgraded the front door and window pediments. One wall in the kitchen was installed with the brick facing inward since the garage covers most of the exterior wall.

I love the house, but it is larger than I can keep in the long run. Putting more time and effort into it seems pointless if someone else would love to take over from here. Of course, once it's yours, you are welcome to start all over. :)

If you'd also like the custom display table with casters, that would be fine, too.

I am near Chicago, and this would have to be a pick-up only. The house, even partially constructed, is huge.

Here is the existing album, but I will take some photos of the house as it is being sold and post those in the next day or so.

http://www.greenleaf...lery&album=3429

Please send me an email and we can discuss the particulars in more detail.

Regards,

Brae

My husband is really lucky we don't live closer to Chicago or I'd be in trouble. I can't imagine wanting to change anything that you did, your work is so pristine and breathtaking. Whoever takes you up will be one lucky person.

• 1 month later...

LAST CALL - I am willing to work a great deal with anyone to get the Newport into a new home. If no one is interested in it by this weekend (not that you have to pick it up by then - just let me know by then), I will be removing most of the lights and listing it on craigslist for an "as-is" bargain price so someone can start over with it. I just really need the space.

I will be removing most of the lights

Please take your McIntosh light...I just love that one and would hate to see you lose it, well, that and the one from your childhood dollhouse in your 1st floor bath... :) O.K., my two cents added!!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

It actually breaks my heart that I don't live closer!! [Toronto isn't that far is it??, LOL] It was the Newport that intensified this obsession for me, what I would do to have in my home!!! :Jumpy: :Jumpy:

Good Luck Brae, I hope it finds a special loving home.

This weekend I should have some time to sort the remaining parts and photograph it for craigslist. I will post one more time on my blog with the price I am asking since maybe people are thinking I would want too much so they don't even ask. To me, it's really about getting it to someone who will love it and recouping only the kit costs plus a little for the lights and materials already put in.

• 2 weeks later...