All white house??

jbnmini

My client wants an all-white house. ugh. Sure, it would be fine for a finely detailed Beacon Hill or other Victorian style, but this Hofco House is a basic farmhouse style-very plain. Client doesn't even want shutters!

She talked about using a soft grey for the porch flooring, so maybe I will use that in some porch trim work and window trim?

Anyone have/know of any pics of all-white houses that you could quickly direct me to?

Thanks!

post-47-0-23326100-1331731548_thumb.jpg

Well, I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but my Sunnybrook is not white but a soft cream color with a few off-white accents and I think it looks good.

Also, what I try to remember when building a house for someone else, is that the same way I want my dollhouses to be what colors I want, other people can want their dollhouses to be what colors they want.

I think white with soft grey accents would be nice.

Commissions are often tricky.

B)

Here is a RL one that Brae posted a while back: http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/white-beach-house-in-california-0910#slide-5

Here is one of my favorite dollhouses of all time (mostly white interior): http://une-petite-folie.blogspot.com/search/label/Petite%20Maison

There was also an amazing, designer quality white beach house that someone posted a blog link to...but I can't find it! It was a dollhouse. Maybe someone else remembers.

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone! I guess when she first said it I just thought 'boring'....but it is HER house, I've got to remember. I think I will do a stone chimney and foundation, which should look very nice with the white and soft grey.

thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I did a monochromatic Orchid in white and crystal that's not exactly a normal dollhouse but I really like it. http://www.debsminis.com/white_orchid.htm I discovered that when you're working with tone on tone, it becomes all about textures and you'll discover that it's a lot more fun that it sounded at first.

Deb

I clicked on Liz LaBosse's white house and fell in love. I too originally thought all white.....boring.....but this is lovely and very rich looking.

I immediately thought of Deb's WO. You can use a lot of embellishments to make the white-on-white work. I have built exactly one dh for a client, rather than have someone buy one I've built. I just keopt reminding myself "it's HER house, it's HER house" and it wasn't too bad.

• 1 year later...

I find some white doll's houses stunning. Classy! Some cream-coloured houses are knock-out, too. In the UK the majority of pre-assembled, painted houses come in a pastel blue or pastel pink finish. Either option is, to me, ugh!