Official Spring Fling 2012 Update (merged topic)

Lol yeah i know i have a rather macabe sense of creativity lol

But can't you see it ? I bought the stairs and imagined cutting out a skylight with the bakery downstairs

And the stairs running up outside ??? Brilliant....i'M DOING IT LOL .

I dont wanna become the king of darkness though lol

I did have to turn my eyes and put hands over ears when sweeney got rolling and ya heard eck

Lol so maybe there's hope for me?

Brandaen

The topic may travel all over but it seems like we are all thinking Spring Fling! I do this from my phone and have no clue how to post the link but for the 1/4" roombox I mentioned, try going to photoshop.com. The person is Goddessofchaos38 and the album is 'Sweeney Todd in Quarter Inch Scale'. There are two more albums elsewhere I will find.

I saw pics of it earlier this week right before I had my iChat meeting with Dean. They are making a few more changes to make it perfect for release and I must say, I LOVE this new kit. It will not be coming out today but VERY soon! It will be worth the wait

:)

I saw pics of it earlier this week right before I had my iChat meeting with Dean. They are making a few more changes to make it perfect for release and I must say, I LOVE this new kit. It will not be coming out today but VERY soon! It will be worth the wait

:)

Will it interest even the likes of me? :hehe:

I'm amazed at what they come up with. Sometimes the 1st idea changes into something entirely different and wonderful!

This reminds me of something a design professor said in class more than 50 years ago to justify having us make at least 100 thumbnail sketches before beginning a project -- never go with your first idea without pushing it a bit. Once you get rid of the ordinary, mundane ideas, the brilliant ideas can come out.

Any kit Greenleaf makes is wonderful, lots and lots of potential and sheer creating fun! In one word, bliss!

Looking forward to see what it will be

OK....I have been to this particular topic at least 30 times in the past three days....Now I am just sitting here, staring at the screen, waiting for something to happen. Somebody kick me out of here. I am not getting anything done! One more day???

• Like 2

Caseymini - How can we kick you out when we are all doing the same thing ?!?!?!?!

Well, of course, I do take breaks to check your blog - :lol:

Spring isn't official tomorrow morning, right ?

So, Dean and gang, what do ya have planned for the breakfast meeting for the first day of Spring for all us Spring Flingers?

hint hint - an announcement perhaps?

I hate to admit it but I think I've been checking since January!! I live for Spring Flings..it's the only yearly project I finish.And it's been a belated Birthday present for the last two years!! How cool is that??So, yes, here I am bouncing in my chair just biting my nails and waiting........One more day 'til Spring...whenever you're ready Dean, we're right

here. :wave:

I had sworn off the Spring Fling this year because of the budget....but now the anticipation is killing me and I am waiting to be tempted. Ok, I want to be tempted. Maybe I will participate but keep it small this year. That's the great thing about the Spring Fling - you can add on or keep it simple.

Chuckling away here. I logged into the forum and right at the top of the topic list - Spring Fling. I love the anticipation and the cameraderie during this competition so whether I enter or not this year, I'll be following eagerly.

Just off to refresh the page, check my e-mails and then pretend I was going to do it anyway.

Howdy everyone! I just wanted to pop in and let you know what's happening with the 2012 Spring Fling. We had a project about 90% complete and then last week, I decided to change direction. What happened? I was gassing up my Jeep and watched the pennies (then dollars) spin by like the dial on HG Wells’s time machine. The fact is that there’s a lot of pressure on our budgets lately and I don’t want people to have to sacrifice somewhere else to participate in this contest. So we’re getting old school with a project delivered for under $20… something more along the lines of the Loganberry Mill. Yes, the kit will be laser cut and yes, there will be a few affordable options, but they’ll change the feel of the project rather than the overall scope of it.

Unfortunately this delayed the launch date until next week, but it will be worth the wait. To make up for this, the contest will run through Labor Day! I’ll be posting in the blog about this tomorrow and will have a picture for you as well

I hope all of you are in good health and enjoying the great weather (76 degrees here today)!

Dean

• Like 1