Official Spring Fling 2012 Update (merged topic)

I do have an idea!! The windoows are what has brought this idea on. But will have to see the whole kit to see if it will work. Mini mind in over-time now! :bigwink: Hopefully we won't have to wait a whole week to see another teaser!

HMMM...I wonder what the other kit was going to be? What new kit is Dean going to announce for the store? New GL house to temp us?!! :banana: I am so glad that he went for a lower cost house for the fling though.

I am excited about this one. I have an idea based on what I have seen so far! And I will be able to afford it this year! :banana: Loved last years kit, but with DH's operation and time off work last year it wasn't possible. ( I still would love that kit someday!). I am so glad that Dean has thought about our pocketbooks. :D Thanks Dean!

HMMM... I wonder what the first contest kit was going to be. Being about 90% done as Dean said. I wonder if it will show up in the GL store soon???? Inquiring minds want to know!

I hope we don't have to wait until next week to get more teaser pictures of this years build! wink, wink. I am excited!

Traci (New Day) just let me the know the pic is up on the Greenleaf blog! Can't wait to se the rest, way to go Greenleaf!

Can you post a link? Where is the Greenleaf Blog? I went to the blogs and found nothing on it.

LOL Kat, I can almost hear you thinking - hmmmm, $20 - might enter this year -----hmmm but maybe a $20 kit won't inspire me.

<grinning> Oh Jo, I'm betting this kit will do more than inspire you. It'll set your world on fire with inspiration. Tracy and I were brainstorming ideas with it and we came up with sooooooooooooooooo many different ideas that we started speculating about what types of entries we'd see this year and we can't wait! It hit me with a solid plan within three seconds of seeing it and believe me, it's NOT the type of theme I'd normally do so I'm amazed already at how this little kit pulls the creativity right out into the light where you can see it. This is my favorite of all the contest kits so far. I'm just in love.

Holly, you have to enter this year!! ~~ P-p-p-playmate, come out and play with me. And bring your dollies three; climb up my apple tree. Slide down my rainbow and to my cottage door. And we'll be jolly friends, forever more!~~ Really, seriously, come play this year Holly. It's so much fun and believe me, you're going to be so inspired by this kit that you won't be able to resist. Why fight it?

Deb

Ohhhh, Deb, you think this kit could end up as my "Broomerie" by any chance?!? I know, I know, cheating but <scuffs toe and blinks innocently> you think?!?!

Hugs

Ohhhh, Deb, you think this kit could end up as my "Broomerie" by any chance?!? I know, I know, chesting but <scuffs toe and blinks innocently> you think?!?!

Hugs

Anna, it couldn't be more perfect for your Broomerie if it were made for it!! If you put a couple of ________ on the ______ and then added a _____ to the _____, well then, it'll be the most wonderful Broomerie you ever did see. You'll be the envy of every witch and wizard on the planet!

Deb

Sorry to sound ignorant, but why have some people been able to view the entire thing and formulate their plans for it?

Tracy (Minis on the Edge) and Deb (Deb) are part of the Greenleaf Team. Tracy is the chief administrator for the Greenleaf Blog, and Deb (among other things) is in charge of the newsletter. I don't envy them having to keep mum about what sounds like a super fling item!

(And if churning up excitement and suspense is part of their job descriptions, I'd say they're doing a bang-up job!)

So I convinced myself there was no way I would be so lucky as to see the contest in 1/2 scale. Then, the sneak peak. If the inspiration from that holds, wicked cool! And if a broomery works, so will my _________ ________. Perfectly. I am positive. However, if I get my wish for half scale, not so much. The waiting............and waiting...........and.............

I am seriously excited about the Labor Day ending. Time to make all the fun stuff one might find in a.................. Hey.....maybe they could just tell us the scale :)

Tracy (Minis on the Edge) and Deb (Deb) are part of the Greenleaf Team. Tracy is the chief administrator for the Greenleaf Blog, and Deb (among other things) is in charge of the newsletter. I don't envy them having to keep mum about what sounds like a super fling item!

(And if churning up excitement and suspense is part of their job descriptions, I'd say they're doing a bang-up job!)

LOL! I'm sorry to tease but it's just such an exciting kit that we can't wait for you to see it! This year's kit is exceptionally creative and inspiring. Spring Fling has lots of suspense from the time we start dropping hints about what it will be right up til the very end when everyone who has entered is talking in secret code about what they've done! It's like being in our own little mystery world for a few months and it's the most fun to play together in a group like this.

Sue, Kathie is right that Tracy and I get to see the kit in advance because we are members of the Greenleaf team. In the past Tracy and I have built the demo models but this year we're waiting for the contest to begin. And while we'll be playing along and building the kit with everyone else, we aren't official entries in the contest. We just like to have fun too. :banana:

Deb

So I convinced myself there was no way I would be so lucky as to see the contest in 1/2 scale. Then, the sneak peak. If the inspiration from that holds, wicked cool! And if a broomery works, so will my _________ ________. Perfectly. I am positive. However, if I get my wish for half scale, not so much. The waiting............and waiting...........and.............

I'm not sure about the scale but even if it's 1:12, it's not the kind of kit that makes you worry about space unless you _____ _____ ______ or you _____ the ____ and add a ______. Personally, I think the size is juuuuuuuuuuuuust right and you might too once you see it. Or it could inspire you to ____________. And then there's always the option of bashing a full scale kit into half scale like Kathie B did with her houseboat a few years ago. She converted the full scale kit into half scale by adding floors and doing some really cool things to cut the scale in half and get twice as much space. You can do that with most kits altho some are easier than others. It's just something to keep in mind if you're thinking half scale and it turns out the kit is full scale.

Deb

I positively know if Deb and Tracy are THIS excited about it, it has to be super-duper-fabulous!!

Ah, did I mention that I just LOVE the Spring Fling and the buzz it creates????? :bigwink::D bbbuuuzzzzzZZZZZZ!!! Almost time to Fling On ya'll...woohoo!!!

• Like 1

I am again available for confidential help, only a PM away.

Ok, I have no clue how to quote someone. Hopefully I get my point across.

Holly, THANK YOU! I appreciate your reminder. I have not yet taken advantage of your wisdom and it's nice to know you are there.