Flower kits

At least years' Chicago show I picked up a bunch of Paula Gilhooley flower kits. I've had an itch to make a few, but got very discouraged after a rather epic failure on my daffodils. I searched the forums and poked around google but wasn't able to find many reviews or pictures. Have any of you folks tried her kits? I'd love to see some pictures.

I'm also staring at few Pascale Garnier kits. They are a tad pricey but seem to turn out beautifully, with patience of course. Again, any thoughts you guys have had would be appreciated.

I've done only Bonnie Lavish kits, which are incredibly easy with great results, and one by The Miniature Garden, which also gave great results with a few more steps involved. Wish I could help more.

A few months ago I purchased several of Pascale's kits after seeing some of her beautiful flowers on a couple of blogs. When the kits arrived I was very intimidated by all the very, very small pieces, thus they have sat. Would be interested in seeing how you do with your Pascale kits.

Valerie

Alright. I guess I'll just have to forget the Gilhooley daffodil fiasco and try another. I will also volunteer to try the Pascale kits and promise to show how they turn out...good or bad. I just need to decide which ones. I think I'll try to do a few that appear less complicated. Once those have been made successfully, I can decide if I want others.

I have made some SDK flower kits in 1/12 as well as 1/44 and a several Bonnie Lavish ones as well. I had good results with all of those. The only reason I'm looking at the others is the flower varieties.

I'm a tad surprised I didn't get more responses though. Feel free to PM me if you had some aversions to either and didn't feel it appropriate to say so publicly *shrug*

EDIT: Might be a while on those Pascale kits. Right after I typed this up, I went to buy the ones I wanted and they had sold out. Sigh.

I admire anyone for trying to make daffodils in 1:12; the centers intimidate me!

The thought of these kits intimidates me. I've bought so many silk mini flowers long ago I could plant them forever. packs that sell for $1 I got for .10 at a store going out of business. Didn't stop there I kept buying at yard sales.

best wishes for anyone doing these kits. now I have to have a look see.

ta,

LindaC

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I finished two Gilhooley kits (just posted to gallery) and may try a few more this month. I guess spring has me in the mood for flowers.

Also, I managed to order some of Pascale's kits and assuming they get here safely, I should be able to make good on that promise to share with you all very soon!

Those flowers in the Gallery looked beautiful. You did a wonderful job. What are the petals made of? Just wondering I have never made any flowers from kits or any at all for that matter that are not from clay. And I have only made them once, just the other day.

I have many plans for the landscaping and I want lots of flowers and it will cost a fortune if I don't try and make them from kits.

Was it as difficult as you first thought?

I make my flowers out of sculpy.

Just look at a photo (daffodil) and sculpt each piece; then bake and assemble.Make sure you put the holes for attaching pieces before you bake them.

I made a whole English garden this way.

• Like 1