A Plea To Greenleaf...

raspberry

If this is the official "begging and pleading" thread, then I want the Beaumont in 1/2" scale. If not the whole house, then at least those wing additions; I think they'd go well with the Willow I bought last year.

• Like 1

Half scale Glencroft you say? Just take my money!

Seriously though, if they have all the plans for a kit in 1/12, would it that difficult to translate a half scale kit? I assume it's all done on a computer program, and while time consuming the equations should be easy enough. I suppose the real question is how popular is half scale and would it be worth the time for those they do actually sell.

Here's my thought. Custom orders for existing kits and/or retired artply

I didn't know until I read this and checked it out that the Fairfield was 1/2". I LOVE this kit. I have mentioned many times on the Spring Fling forum how much I love 1/2" and don't get much of a response. I'd love to see Spring Fling in 1/2 scale. Maybe if they'd just offer one of these other kits in 1/2 scale lazer cut for a contest they'd see there's a Fan base for the smaller scale.

• Like 1

I didn't know until I read this and checked it out that the Fairfield was 1/2". I LOVE this kit. I have mentioned many times on the Spring Fling forum how much I love 1/2" and don't get much of a response. I'd love to see Spring Fling in 1/2 scale. Maybe if they'd just offer one of these other kits in 1/2 scale lazer cut for a contest they'd see there's a Fan base for the smaller scale.

Morgan, have you checked out the Greenleaf store? There are several laser cut half scale kits . There are also half scale furniture kits.

If this is the official "begging and pleading" thread, then I want the Beaumont in 1/2" scale. If not the whole house, then at least those wing additions; I think they'd go well with the Willow I bought last year.

For my begging, what about the Glencroft in laser-cut? :D

• Like 1

Like everyone else, I think having a Glencroft in 1/24th laser cut would be a dream come true. If you add the Willowcrest and the Lily to that list, I'd be much poorer but very happy.

But I really want those wing additions, lots of potential there. Please, please, please! :bear:

• Like 1

Like everyone else, I think having a Glencroft in 1/24th laser cut would be a dream come true. If you add the Willowcrest and the Lily to that list, I'd be much poorer but very happy.

I agree, I would love a Glencroft and Willowcrest in 1/24th scale laser cut. I have both kits now, but may never build them as I don't have the space.

• Like 1

Morgan, have you checked out the Greenleaf store? There are several laser cut half scale kits . There are also half scale furniture kits.

Most definitely Paula :) I've been wanting a Greenleaf 1/2 scale forever. I just hadn't figured out the Fairfield was 1/2 scale and I already have a very specific project in mind for that one.

Over the last 18 months I've seen alot that shows 1" is losing popularity and 1/2" is gaining. I'm really curious if that is true. How do we figure out how many of us are serious about 1/2 scale? Maybe if we can show there really are enough we could get some of these other kits in the line up for smaller scale production.

I know they already have a nice line of laser cut house in half scale but to me I like really detailed facades and interesting floor plans or staircases that have interest which the current selection is lacking. most of them seem the same to me, very boxy. Nice but not enough oomph to make my heart beat with the "omg that's gorgeous I must have one of those!" I have that feeling every time I look at the Garfield, Pierce, Beacon hill etc then the rational part of my brain kicks in and asks " uh-huh, and where do you plan to put them? Your kids like having bedrooms...."

• Like 2