I'm done shingling!

shutterbugkc

:D I know shingles aren't all that interesting, but I just felt like celebrating and shouting from the rooftops after I glued that last shingle on. I had stained all the shingles I thought I was going to need and then at the very end, I needed six more. I went ahead and glued the last six on and came back with a little brush and stained them right on the roof. It's just such a relief to be done! :lol:

So, my Arthur is basicly done and I have finished off my roll of film on it. I will go get it developed TODAY and finaly post pictures! :)

Good job! Shingles are time intensive... it must be exciting to be all done! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

I still haven't shingled the back roof on my Arthur. :lol: It looks good from the front, so why bother with the back?!

I'm going to do it this week, though, because I won't let myself start on the Westville until that's done and I'm itching to get started on the Westville. :D I am also in the process of shingling my Fairfield... I'll be dancing when that's finished!

when its all done shingling gives alot of satisfaction....but frankly if I can avoid it than Im all for it!!!

congrats on finishing!!

cant wait to see photos!

and if you noticed that we who have built the Arthur are using it as our avatars for now.

I suspect I will change mine to the Glencroft should I EVER finish it! :D

nutti :lol:

Shutterbug, thanks for inspiring me. I just finished shingling my Arthur! :lol:

EDIT: I added pictures of the shingles to the Arthur blog.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! I hope you're going to party . . . :D

I agree with LPCullen . . . that's my hubby's job and he's doing a fantastic job on my Beacon Hill (even though I had to stain them).