Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Same here. I have several ideas I wanted to bring to life but now I'm clueless. That can only mean one thing. A brilliant idea (in my own mind anyway) is on the way! I mean, how could a person not find something great to do with this kit. Huh? Off to the drawing board. Maybe my three little friends can argue it out.

I have a really quirky idea rolling around in my head, but will have to wait until it is here and in dry fit to see what else pops into my head. My really quirky idea would definitely NOT be something others might recognize, but you just never can tell where that crazy muse is gonna take you, can you?

Personally, I think MY muse has 'gone off her rocker'...and might just have to have her committed :rudolph:

I'm in the clueless camp too. Sigh .... :(

It's not speaking to me at all.

I have my order in the shopping basket but

I just don't know whether to push the button for purchase or not !!

Yikes !! SF is my favorite thing to do and

now I just can't get past the chicken coop or ice cream shack ideas,

neither of which are anything I want in my collection.

Also wondering, what about the windows that we saw in the sneak peak?

The crisscross parts - you know the grilles or whatever they are called.

Wish my muse would come back from outer space or wherever she has been for the past few months !!!!

When I first saw the greenhouse my mind went crazy with ideas... But they wont work with the whole house... But something will come to me... It is a great kit... But the only thing that is coming to me at the moment is what I feel is " obvious" and I want to do something different if I am gonna play.... So hopefully something will come to me.... :)

• Like 1

Also wondering, what about the windows that we saw in the sneak peak? The crisscross parts - you know the grilles or whatever they are called.

Oh wow, you're right, the windows are different than the sneak peek! The windows shown are plain, while the ones in the blog like you said have the little window pane things on them. Hmmm...

Oh wow, you're right, the windows are different than the sneak peek! The windows shown are plain, while the ones in the blog like you said have the little window pane things on them. Hmmm...

Hmm..they are different. Well, my lazy muse is saying "One thing less to paint" - which is a good thing, in my humble opinion :giggle:

I'm with Selkie: I have several ideas but none of which I want in my collection. Well, I do like the one that is easy and obvious, but the competitor in me is crying out, "No! Too obvious, too easy!". Gonna have to spend some time meditating in a sweat lodge or something to get the creative ideas flowing.

• Like 1

Well, well, well. That will teach me to assume. This thing started talking and won't shut up!

I wish to address the people with their 'ordinary' ideas. PLEASE........quit fighting those thoughts! Look at Baslow Ranch for just one example. (2010 winner, find it off the Greenleaf Store's main page) and tell me what ISN'T ordinary about it? And I think everyone here will agree, it is extraordinary and deserved to win. Sooooooo............don't think of it as 'ordinary'. Think of it as EXTRAORDINARY.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as an ordinary idea. I remember one year, 3 people created using the same theme. They ALL looked so different because of personal taste, and artistic flare. Just get in there and do it! It's just the right size to be a _______ but if I add_____ and take out _______ it will be a _________ . Also I have an idea to create a ________. Of course I add flowers and some kind of vine to everything so it'll be fun if I make it a __________ :blink:

:wub: i dreamt about the kit, and when the alarm clock went off earlier my initial thought was noooooo, need to build........ Will be away for the day taking a day tripp/drive to Germany with hubby and PILs. That will give some time to think about it alittle more as well.

Hugs

Well, I don't know what I'm gonna do with it but I gave in and ordered the kit and some extras.

Now I'll wait for the lightening bolt.

I had my inspiration come to me last night and I drifted off to sleep thinking of the ways to tackle my idea. I am going to plan it out some more with sketches during our short vacation in Vermont this weekend and come back knowing exactly which pieces to order. ;)

Haha! Me too, me too... I was drifting off to sleep thinking about this kit and woke up thinking about it...hrrrmmm, obsessing anyone? ;)

I had one initial idea when I saw the whole thing but now, I'm getting so many ideas, I'm going to need to put a notebook beside the bed - or maybe just carry it around with me? Glad we have a lot of time to think this through!

It will be hard not to open the kit and dive in head first when it arrives. Promised myself I would think and plan first.

I know EXACTLY what I'm going to do. Until the next inspiration takes over :)

Heck with keeping it in the box. Playing with the dry fit is so much fun! I plan to think it through more today, then order tomorrow. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be on vacation, a.k.a. playing with my miniatures.

Dean, thank you soooooooo much. Your new design is incredible. I am looking forward to obsessing over this build all spring and summer.

• Like 1

When my idea struck me yesterday, I got a song stuck in my head. And, it's a BIG song...lots of drama...BOOMING! :lol: I woke up with the same song stuck in my head. Let's hope it doesn't stay so loud I can't get anything done. :blink:

Ok.... So an idea is starting to form.... It is pretty simple... But I think it may work.... Now I wish I had ordered the little fruit stand addition

You ought to try calling them. Someone said they weren't shipping for a few days, so maybe they can add it to your order.